Award Winning Bridal & Leading Prom Boutique
Please Quote Reference B05775
Hilton Smythe are pleased to have been given the opportunity to manage the sale of Cathedral Belles of Worcester which is a well-established Bridal and Prom wear business with a renowned reputation in the community. This is a superb opportunity to take on a high turnover local business in an area teeming with customers.
Cathedral Belles of Worcester is an award-winning Bridal and leading Prom Boutique that was founded over 20 years ago and enjoys a fantastic reputation. Cathedral Belles of Worcester were awarded the Three Counties Bridal Retailer of the Year in 2018, having also been a finalist previously. The current owner has run the business successfully and lucratively for the last 4 years or so and it has been a real labour of love accruing an impressive number of satisfied customers and a burgeoning reputation.
Alas this great little business is now being sold, albeit reluctantly and with a heavy heart only due to the vendor wishing to take a well-earned retirement and possibly move to sunnier climes. She is keen to see her beloved Bridal and Prom wear shop pass to an ambitious and entrepreneurial new owner (s) who can take this already thriving business to the next level.
Cathedral Belles of Worcester offers an exciting and extensive range of gowns from British designers brought to their customers by an expert team at their Worcester city centre store. Excellent business relationships endure with all of the Bridal, Prom & Bridesmaid gown suppliers, and the service organisations supporting the successful operation of the business and it is anticipated that this would continue with any new owner.
The business aims to provide every customer and their guests with a memorable and pleasurable experience and offers a range of designs, palette colours and gown sizes and through frequent stock replenishment they align to the latest trends. Additionally, the business has dedicated Bridal, Bridesmaids and Prom studios to facilitate the best possible viewing opportunities for their customers.
Whilst originally a Bridal retailer, the last few years have seen a significant upturn in the sale of Prom wear and the market for this continues to grow at an impressive pace. The business provides gowns for most of the local schools including Pershore High School, Nunnery Wood, Blessed Edwards, Christopher Whiteheads, Kings, Chantry and RGS. Customers travel from around the country to visit the business such is its great reputation.
The business also sells a range of accessories including tiaras, veils and Bolero jackets and bridal footwear.
The sale will include the company website (cathedralbelles.co.uk) and Facebook page and the business enjoys great visibility on the internet with some excellent reviews.
Reasons to Buy;
- A well-established business with an enviable reputation.
- Perfect trading position in main shopping area and in the shadow of Worcester Cathedral.
- Low running costs with competitive rent and no business rates.
- Current owner happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success.
- Ideal owner managed or partnership business.
- All fixtures and fittings included making this a real Turnkey business opportunity.
This great little business is likely to attract considerable interest.
Cathedral Belles of Worcester generates an advised current turnover of circa £90,000 per annum and continues to grow at an impressive pace. For further information please quote reference B05775.
The business is run and managed by our client with the help of one part time member of staff and two casual staff.
Monday to Saturday: 10.00 – 17.00
Cathedral Belles of Worcester is in Worcester.
Worcester is a cathedral city in Worcestershire, 30 miles southwest of Birmingham, 101 miles west-northwest of London, 27 miles north of Gloucester and 23 miles northeast of Hereford. The population is approximately 100,000.
The M5 motorway runs north-south immediately to the east of the city and is accessed by Junction.
Cathedral Belles of Worcester is ideally positioned in the main shopping area of the city in the shadow of Worcester Cathedral. The business fronts a busy main road and sits alongside other complimentary retail businesses and thus benefits from high levels of footfall and passing trade.
The business is beautifully presented and maintained with a pleasing upmarket feel, clear visible signage and distinctive livery.
There is inexpensive, metered on road parking just around the corner from the premises and several public car parks within easy walking distance.
Cathedral Belles of Worcester occupies three floors of an attractive, grade 2 listed, period property and briefly comprises:
Windows and glazed door to front creating a light, airy and inviting interior, many period fittings, lovely upmarket feel with carpeted flooring, window display area, wall mounted mirrors, perimeter hanging rails, tracked spot lighting, small desk with a shabby chic finish with card payment machine, upholstered chair, freestanding cupboard, generous sized area. Changing room with two windows to rear, spotlighting and wall mounted mirrors.
- Prom Studio.
- Generous room, two sash windows to front, wood effect tiled floor, perimeter hanging rails, 2 changing booths, wall mounted mirrors, two upholstered chairs.
- Bridal / Prom Fitting Room.
- Sash window to front, high quality carpeted flooring, wall mounted shelving unit and mirror.
- Customer WC.
- Dual aspect with windows to side and rear, closed coupled toilet and pedestal hand wash basin with Santon water heater.
- Landing - With useful walk-in store cupboard.
- Kitchenette - With window to rear, vinyl flooring, base unit with stainless steel sink and drainer with Santon water heater, space for fridge, kettle and microwave etc.
- Bridesmaids Studio.
- Two windows to front, carpeted flooring, changing booth, wall mounted mirror, tub chair.
- Office - significant storage space and racking for gowns and to facilitate steaming operations.
- With window to front, fluorescent lighting, space for desk, filing cabinets etc.
We are advised that Cathedral Belles of Worcester is being sold as a leasehold business opportunity.
The existing lease has approximately 3 years remaining, and the current rent is competitive and reasonable given the size and location of the premises.
We are advised that the business benefits from being exempt from business rates.