Award Winning Restaurant
London, City of London
Please Quote Reference B05860
Hilton Smythe are delighted to present to the market La Cambusa Italian Restaurant, an Italian restaurant has successfully traded from this site for over 20 years and our client is reluctantly selling now due to the pressures of his other business which restricts him from spending the time he would like developing this business further.
The award winning restaurant opportunity is being offered at a price to gain a quick sale, the premium for such a sought after lease with the equipment currently included would cost in excess of the listed price and we therefore recommend any serious buyer to make an early enquiry to avoid disappointment.
The traditional and freshly cooked menu includes:
- Starters - from Bruschetta, Scamorza Arrosto, Gamberoni Piccanti, Bufala Tricolore, Tartare di Salmone & Polipetti Piccanti.
- Pasta - from Tagliatelle Tiramisu, Risotto mare, Malloreddus Alla Campidanese, Gnocchi Di Patate Al Gorgonzola, Strozzapreti Pesto E Burrata.
- Fish & Meat - from Filetto Di Spigola E Caponata Di Verdure, Pesce spada alla Livornese, Costa Di Manzo, Straccetti Di Pollo, Petto D’Anatra Al Miele, Costolette Di Agnello Al Vino.
- Selection of sides - from salads to vegetables.
- Pizza’s - from Margherita, Napoli, Diavola, Florentina, Vegetarian, Ruspante, Bufalina, Calzone, Truffle Pizza.
- Sweet / Desserts - from classic Tiramisu, Torta Di Mela, Profiteroles, Seadas.
We are advised the business attracts many residents and families however with further advertising could attract the business lunch customer.
The restaurant comes with excellent reviews -
- 4.9/5 Google customer reviews.
- 5-star TripAdvisor customer reviews.
- 4/6 Just Eat delivery reviews.
- Over 3,000 Facebook followers.
- Adopt a more aggressive delivery service through any of the main delivery partners (Just Eat, Deliveroo & Uber Eats).
- Re model the current dining and kitchen space - this could allow for a further 50 covers if the large kitchen was relocated to the left-hand side.
- Update the decor and tables.
- Extend current opening hours.
- Add a lunchtime and early evening special fixed menu.
- Push more private parties and birthday celebrations.
- Push more corporate functions, Xmas office parties and private meetings.
- Google ad word and social media advertising including Instagram/ Facebook.
- Outside catering.
The business is scheduled to easily achieve £150,000 in its first new year of trading with an adjusted net profit in the region of £30,000.
Please Note - in addition to the price for the business, a further £10,000 will be required for the rent deposit. For further information please reference B05860.
The business is run and managed by our client with the help of 3 x kitchen staff and 2 x front of house staff.
MONDAY - FRIDAY: 5.00pm to 11.00pm
SATURDAY & SUNDAY: 12.00pm to 11.00pm
La Cambusa occupies a highly enviable trading position along Stoke Newington Church Street in Stoke Newington, London.
The busy parade of shops includes estate agents, interior led stores, independent grocery and health conscious stores, chic cafes and bistros as well as other restaurant businesses. The restaurant is directly across from Stoke Newington Fire Station and Abney Park.
Very few locations offer the charm and personality of Newington Church Street.
Stoke Newington is a villagelike and affluent residential area in northeast London, known for its quirky shops and eateries, traditional pubs as well as leafy Clissold park and its lakes, skatepark, a large paddling pool, and an animal enclosure with deer and goats. Paths meander around ornate tombs in the Victorian-era Abney Cemetery.
Stoke Newington Church Street is accessed just off the A10.
Nearest underground station is Stoke Newington, located just 5 mins walk from the restaurant.
There is metered pay and display parking spaces in the adjacent streets.
Small pavement space for 1 x table & 2 chairs
** 50 covers currently.
Triple Bi-Fold doors to the front allowing great summer breeze.
Bespoke artwork to both walls with feature fireplace.
Open place dining space with solid wood chairs and tables.
Curved stone classed bar servery - includes 2 x glass fronted chillers, single fridge, 2 x arm semi-automated coffee machine and grinder, microwave, glass wash, single freezer, storage shelving.
Used mainly for storage and access to customer toilets, includes wine fridge, wine racking, 2 x store tables, dough mixer.
Ladies and Gents toilets (including store cupboard).
Large kitchen (fully tiled) - includes double stainless steel prep sink unit, wall mounted shelving, 2 x double width stainless steel prep chillers, griddle, fryer, 2 x rim gas hob, 6 x ring gas oven, hand wash sink, Bain Marie, large extraction hood, 2 x stainless steel prep tables, 2 x microwaves, 2 x pizza ingredient table topped chillers, large marble topped pizza prep fridge, meat slicer, 2 x deck pizza oven.
Includes 2 x chest freezers, 3 x storage racking units, 1 x upright fridge, upright freezer, storage dresser, back up kitchen equipment. Access to the rear shared yard and bin storage areas.
We are advised the business is being offered with a 12-year renewable lease term with 10 years remaining paying £37,000 per year. Current business rates payable stand at £25,000 per year.