Award winning Restaurant/Bar business for sale
Please quote reference B06065
Hilton Smythe is delighted to present to the market Almond Bar & Eatery, a much-loved independent bar and restaurant operation first established in the area 12 years ago.
The newly refurbished double fronted restaurant unit is now being offered for sale due to our clients wish to relocate.
The well-established West Derby Village eatery is arranged over two levels and due to increased demand extended its ground floor space in 2019 to incorporate a more relaxed bar space in the adjacent unit.
The award-winning modern bistro is renowned for its local, simple and honest food which has resulted in the restaurant being named as the ‘Favourite Neighbourhood Restaurant’ in the Liverpool Food and Drinks Awards three times consecutively!
Their passion for creating a wholesome menu, devised using locally sourced fresh produce is the key to its success and continuous growth.
There is a clear emphasis on creating a menu that can be enjoyed eating slowly and being shared with friends/family.
The menu options include –
- Nibbles -artisan breads, topped tortilla chips, olives & garlic breads.
- Starters – homemade soups, liver pate, panko breaded king prawns, garlic mushrooms & chicken skewers
- Main courses – beer battered fish, slow roasted belly pork, salt & pepper chicken, roasted lamb rump, gourmet burgers, teriyaki salmon, rib eye steaks, vegetarian options.
- Deserts – milk chocolate bread & butter pudding, forest fruits ice cream sundae, cheesecake & warm chocolate fudge cake.
The perfect Sunday – prepared early Sunday morning using locally sourced produce, meats, and vegetables and available from 12pm.
Private Hire – ability to offer a separate space for corporate events, inner parties, birthday celebrations or baby showers. The first-floor dining space can hold up to 40 covers for a sit down meal.
Very rarely do independent restaurants/bars of this size and standard ever come onto the market in West Derby Village and we strongly advise early viewing to avoid disappointment.
We are advised that as per the 2021 accounts, the business generated a turnover in the region of £475,000, with a net profit in the region of £25,000. Full financials can be made available upon further request.
This year was impacted by COVID.
Please quote reference B06065
We are advised that the business has 8 full time staff members.
The business trades till late, with the kitchen hours;
Monday – 4:00pm – 8:00pm
Tuesday – 4:00pm – 8:00pm
Wednesday – 4:00pm – 8:00pm
Thursday – 4:00pm – 8:00pm
Friday – 4:00pm – 8:00pm
Saturday – 2:00pm – 8:00pm
Sunday – 4:00pm – 7:00pm
Almond Bar & Eatery enjoys a highly enviable trading position on Mill Lane in the desirable area of West Derby in Liverpool.
West Derby Village is an affluent suburb of Liverpool and attracts an excellent mix of professionals, families and retired couples looking to enjoy many of the independent retailers, cafes, bars, and restaurants.
Mill lane attracts a high footfall due to the number of businesses and services available which include –
- Tesco Express (next door)
- Homewares store (directly facing)
- Denehurst day nursery
- Post office
- West Derby Village Shopping Outlets
- Barclays Bank
- Estate agents
- Bupa dental care
Mill lane is just minutes off the A580 which acts as the main link road onto the M57 motorway.
There is a main bus stop directly across and available parking on both Mill lane and the adjacent streets.
Ground floor –
- Main restaurant – 30 dining covers
- Bar servery
- New bar area – a relaxed area with capacity for a further 30 covers
- Private dining/function room – additional 40 covers
- Is currently being used as changing rooms, office, storage.
- 2 x 2 Door Bar Fridge (Polar)
- 1 x 3 Door Bar Fridge (Polar)
- 1 x Large Bar Glasswash (Classeq)
- 1 x Small Bar Glasswash (Classeq)
- 1 x Ice Machine Whirlpool K40
- 1 x Ice Machine (Small) (Polar)
- Bar - Cellar 4 Taps / 2 Taps Cellar System
- EPOS Till System - Cash Draw / Printer 3 EPOS
- CCTV & 2 Monitors / Cameras throughout
- 1 x Alarm System (Ultra)
- 1 x Microwave (Breville)
- Freezer - small 1 Ice King
- 1 x Free standing Double Fryer (Imperial)
- 1 x 6 Stove Burner (Lincat)
- 1 x 4 Stove Burner (Lincat)
- 1 x Dishwasher Duo 400 (Classeq)
- 2 x 6ft Upright Refrigerators (Polar)
- 1 x Grill (Cobra)
- Canopy Extractor & Cold Air Supply
- 5 x Stainless Steel Tables
- Double Sink Unit
- Kitchen Printer
- Double Heated Gantry
- 2 x Ceiling Units (Mitsubishi)
- 2 x Inverter Units (Mitsubishi)
- 1 x Cellar Cooling
- 1 x Curtain Door Heater
- 2 x Wire Rack Shelving Units
- 3 x Fridge Freezer
- 1 x Fridges
- 2 x Chest Freezers
- 2 Office Desks
- Rubbermaid Baby Change Unit
- 2 Dumb Waiter
- Host Stand
- Emergency Lighting throughout
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis, with 5 years remaining on the 10 year lease. The rent is currently £2421.66 per month and has £0 rates payable.