Beautifully Presented Cafe For Sale
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Asking Price: £54,995 +SAV
Financial information can be made available upon request.
Please quote reference B07030
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B07030
Hilton Smythe are delighted to have been given the opportunity to manage the sale of Lotte On The Edge which is a well established Coffee Shop / Cafe / with a renowned reputation amongst local residents. This is a superb opportunity to take on a popular, profitable and well used local business in an area teeming with customers which still offers further potential
Lotte On The Edge was founded by the current owner when she identified the need for a quality coffee shop in the area. The business has been a real labour of love and considerable money was spent setting and ensuring that her coffee shop is one of the nicest in this part of Sheffield.
The business is now being sold, albeit reluctantly and after much soul searching only due to personal circumstances. The vendor is keen to see her beloved coffee shop / café / pass to an ambitious and entrepreneurial new owner(s) who can take this already thriving business to the next level.
Lotte On The Edge already enjoys a great reputation and has an impressive number of regular customers many of whom are known on a first name basis by the owner who is a popular and well respected member of the local community.
For customers looking for some Mediterranean beach bar inspired vibes, good coffee, fresh home made food and great tunes the business is the ‘go to’ place in the Costa del Nether Edge and offers the opportunity to chill out in Sheffield’s No.1 urban beach style coffee shop
The business serves ever evolving food that is freshly prepared on the premises using seasonal and local ingredients wherever possible. Customers can choose to eat at or collect from the premises, customers bringing in their own travel mug save 25p.
The business holds an alcohol licence and is proud of its 5 star hygiene rating.
The menu is Yorkshire rustic meets Amalfi coast and includes:
- Hot and cold drinks ( coffee from Frazer’s Coffee Roasters and teas from The Birdhouse Tea Company)
- Breakfasts, traditional, vegan and vegetarian, served all day
- Classic Sandwiches & Toasties
- Delicious Cakes and Pastries
- Breakfast Smoothies
- Milkshakes and Frappes
- Daily Specials
- Brunches & Lunches
- Gluten Free & Vegetarian Options
The business is dog friendly!
Lotte On The Edge offers an events calendar which includes:
- Tapas Nights which are a regular thing with essential booking
- Jumbo Arm Knitting ( massive yarns, coffee and cakes)
- Private Parties, hen nights, stags, whatever!
- Psychic Suppers, again really popular!
- Community Events, the business is run on ethical principles including giving back to the community.
“ Good coffee, nice food, funky music and friendly staff“
“ Lovely people, lovely foods and drinks”
“ Came here a few weeks ago for lunch. Although it was very busy and they were almost out of food, the staff were so friendly. Always a good sign if the team seems relaxed even if a café is busy. Toasties and coffees were great and we’re looking forward to coming again soon“
“ Really lovely café, always welcoming, with great food , great coffee and really great cakes! Highly recommend!
Scope to improve
- Advertising and marketing campaign
- Introduce a delivery service which would have a significant effect on turnover
- Extend the opening hours, perhaps opening as a Bistro in the evenings
- Explore the possibility of operating a Sandwich Round delivering to local businesses at lunch times
- Develop the outside catering side of the business.
- A well established business with an enviable reputation and many existing customers
- Low running costs with inexpensive rent and no business rates
- Current owner happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success
- Prime trading position in this popular and salubrious area of Sheffield
- Ideal owner managed or partnership business
- Ideal for an ambitious chef looking for their first foray into self employment
Very rarely do coffee shops of this calibre come to the open market so early enquiry is highly recommended. This lovely little business is likely to attract considerable interest.
The business is owner run and managed with the help of 6 part time staff members.
The business trading hours are:
Monday - 07:30am - 16:00pm
Tuesday - Closed
Wednesday - Closed
Thursday - 07:30am - 16:00pm
Friday - 07:30am - 16:00pm
Saturday - 07:30:00am - 16:00pm
Sunday - 10:00am - 16:00pm
Lotte On The Edge is located in Nether Edge.
Nether Edge is one of the 28 electoral wards in the City of Sheffield. It is located on the southern part of the city and covers an area of1.31 square miles. In 2011 the population was 18,890.
Nether Edge is considerable a salubrious area in which to live. Local facilities include a small, but unusually vibrant, shopping area at the junction of Nether Edge Road and Machon Bank Road featuring this business, arts and crafts shops, a dentist, organic fruit and veg shop, a bakers, delicatessen, hairdressers salons, a local mini-market and a garage. Two small theatres ( the Merlin and the Lantern ) also exist in the area. A farmers market selling local food produce and craft goods is held four times a year in the central area on dates roughly coinciding with the equinoxes and solstice dates.
The business occupies a prime corner position and is beautifully presented and maintained with clear visible signage and distinctive, vibrant, bright green livery and generous external seating areas. There is free, on street parking in the roads and streets surrounding the premises.
The business occupies ground floor premises ideally suited to the trade with an open plan kitchen, indoor seating area and sun decks to two sides which are perfect for Al Fresco dining or to simply sit with a coffee and cake and watch the world go by.
There is a dry cellar with power and light that offers potential as a commercial catering kitchen.
We are advised the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis with 3 years remaining on the Lease, the rent is £7,500 per annum.