Busy Florist & Greengrocery Business in East Sussex For Sale
Rye, East Sussex
- Asking Price: £115,000 +SAV
The business generates a turnover in the region of £380,000 per annum, with a gross profit of approximately 30%. Full financials can be made available upon further request.
Please quote reference 2718-C J
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference 2718-C J
Hilton Smythe is delighted to welcome to the market this well-established and popular florist and greengrocery business in Rye, East Sussex. The business was established by our client over 35 years ago and is being offered to the market due to our client’s retirement. The business currently operates 7 days per week and generates a turnover in the region of £380,000 per annum, with a gross profit of approximately 30%.
Our client offers a variety of goods including fruit and vegetables, local dairy farm products, honey and freshly squeezed Orange juice on site. The florist section, sells freshly cut flowers and plants, although they also specialise in bouquets, hand ties, aqua packs, and funeral tributes. Flowers and private orders are delivered locally (within an eight mile radius) and products available are showcased on the website and the Facebook page. The property boasts a spacious sales area, which is well-equipped to suit the trade, it has recently been refurbished to accommodate Covid 19 measures and has a high spec CCTV camera system (Hikvision cameras) with internal and external cameras.
The sale of the business includes the following equiptment -
- Newly purchased Ford transit 3.5 ton.
- Brand new 10x6 refrigerated box trailer (worth 10,000).
- DAF truck, 15ft body, currently used as a static chiller unit.
- CCTV cameras and equipment
- Computer set up with Laser printer.
This is an excellent opportunity to acquire a thriving and busy florist and greengrocery business, in a prime trading location, therefore early viewing must come highly recommended to avoid disappointment.
The business is partnership owned and managed and has 2 x part time staff. It has recently launched a website and has a Facebook page.
The business hours are -
Monday – 6:30am – 5:00pm
Tuesday – 6:30am – 5:00pm
Wednesday – 6:30am – 5:00pm
Thursday – 6:30am – 5:00pm
Friday – 6:30am – 5:00pm
Saturday – 6:30am – 4:30pm
Sunday – 10:00am – 1:00pm
Sweet Williams Florist and Greengrocery business, which is ideally located within the small town of Rye in East Sussex. The business is situated within a parade of complimentary shops and businesses (including a Butchers shop next door) and benefits from a high volume of footfall and passing trade. The business also benefits from good parking facilities directly opposite the property, with a loading bay directly outside.
The town is a popular tourist destination and attracts visitors from all over the world, it has a residential population of over 9,000 people and an estimated 1000,000 visitors a year .
The area of the property is well served by the public transport system, with several bus stops within easy walking distance of the business. Rye railway station is less than 5 minutes’ walk away. The area is also well served by the A-roads, with the A259 being within easy driving distance, which links to the national A-road and motorway networks. Folkestone is approximately 30 miles away and Hastings is 12½ miles away.
Substantial ground floor premises:
Front External -
- Several display benches to frontage which display fruit, vegetables, plants and flowers.
- Main sales and display area has been greatly improved during the COVID 19 outbreak, allowing for social distancing and only 2 customers at a time. The shop is fully air conditioned with non-slip tiled flooring throughout.
- 2 x purpose built flower display units holding 18 flower buckets.
- Wooden fronted service counter.
- 3x serving areas with electronic tills, programmed for all shop produce, which all communicate together for easy serving and well distanced for up to 3 staff members. The serving area houses a fitted protection screen protecting staff/customers.
- Rear flower preparation area with shelving for ribbons, foam bases, wrapping paper etc.
- 2 x 8ft full length split chiller display units, with salad produce and vegetables.
- Grocery shelf , dairy fridge plus fruit and vegetable shelves leading up to the service counter.
- Staff area with multiple counter tops for preparation.
- Office desk housing computer and printer.
- Small kitchenette, currently being refurbished
- Staff WC with hand wash basin
- Wooden decking with shelving for boxes etc
- Static DAF 15ft truck converted into a cold store refrigeration unit
We are advised leasehold is a rolling lease and Rental is £1,950 per quarter. It qualifies for small business rates relief.