Catering Company For Sale
- Asking Price: £49,999 +SAV
We are advised the business generated a turnover of circa £100,000 as of 2020, further financial information can be made available upon request.
Please quote reference B06537
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B06537
Founded in 2011, The Kitchen Table is a green, ethical catering company specialising in serving the ever-increasing demand for local events. The business was started by the current owner, whose vision and passion was to create a ‘conscious catering’ company relying on local, fresh, organic ingredients to make great food for special events of all types, from weddings to private dinner parties, music festivals to wakes. Over the years she has successfully positioned the company as the 'go-to' for ethical and healthy catering throughout South Hams & South Devon including Exeter, Plymouth, Dartmoor & the South Hams coast as well as building up an unrivalled reputation. She has a great team and a full calendar of bookings, and is now ready to sell the business.
The company is in great shape and perfectly placed for someone to take it to the next level.
The business is a catering company that prides itself on delicious, wholesome and freshly made food, waiting services and private chefs to their customers. The business offers a bespoke service, designing menus with clients for their events, using locally sourced seasonal ingredients, that suit the venue, event & facilities.
The premises also has a walk-in, kitchen-based pantry, with a busy lunchtime trade. There is scope to expand the walk-in custom, such as installing a coffee machine, further advertising and local leaflet drops.
The business offers an impressive ethically sourced, nourishing menu, including sandwich platters, full buffets, canapes to curries. Catering for all events from small businesses lunches to weddings.
Since establishment our client has built up an excellent reputation with 5-star review status across social media and google. A hand over period will be offered at point of sale, to ensure the continued success of the company.
The calendar of bookings translate into thousands of pounds worth of work with many more enquiries which can be taken to full booking so the buyer will have thousands of pounds worth of work booked in from the outset.
The sale will include the company website, the business enjoys great visibility on the internet with highly active social media accounts.
Scope to improve
- Further advertising and marketing campaign, maybe a soft relaunch of the company
- Update the existing website perhaps adding an online ordering facility
- Maximise the use of social media - Currently over Instagram, Facebook and Twitter the business has over 6000 followers and over 900 people on its database, there is also scope for database to grow further as well.
- Extend the opening hours of the pantry & re-launch the takeaway which was started in the lockdown & closed due to catering being busy again.
- Canvass all local businesses, offices, pubs, care homes, nurseries etc with a view to becoming their preferred supplier to supplement the already very busy catering arm of the business
- A well-established business with an enviable reputation
- All fixtures and fittings included making this a real turnkey business opportunity
- Current owner happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success
- Scope for expansion
- Established loyal lunch trade in the kitchen pantry as well as return catering customers
- Stainless steel benches
- Commercial oven x2 and hob
- Ample racking and storage shelving
- Display fridges
- Bookcase display cabinet
- Tall fridges
The business is owner run and managed with the help of 1 full time staff member and a team of committed casual staff who come back to work each year in the busy summer season.
As well as catering busy weekend & evening events, The Kitchen Pantry is open Monday - Friday 10 - 3 for lunchtime trade, homemade foods & locally made items.
The Kitchen Table trades from a lock-up premises, ideally located within an industrial estate in the town of Totnes, Devon. The property is surrounded by a wealth of complementary businesses and benefits from a high volume of footfall and passing trade, as well as good car parking facilities within the area.
Totnes is a market town and civil parish at the head of the estuary of the River Dart in Devon, within the South Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The town is a thriving centre for music, art, theatre and natural health. According to the 2011 census, the town had a residential population of 8,076.
The area of the property is served by the public transport system, with bus stops within easy walking distance of the property. Totnes railway station is less than 10 minutes’ walk away. The area is also well served by the A-roads, with the A385 being just a short drive away, which links to the national A-road and motorway networks. Paignton is approximately 6½ miles away and Torquay is 9 miles away.
The premises are located within a busy industrial estate. The unit is kitted out to suit the trade.
Upon entrance is the main pantry/service area with the kitchen located behind the counter.
To the rear of the premises is a staff WC and storage area.
We are advised the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis with a rolling Lease currently in place, the rent is £5000 per annum.