Children’s Day Nursery Occupying A Unique Site
- Asking Price: £70,000 +SAV
The nursery is currently closed.
In 2016 the nursery enjoyed a turnover of around £150,000.
Business price based on the assets, decoration and nursery spaces, lease transfer & opportunity. For further information please reference B05879.
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please Quote Reference B05879
Hilton Smythe are excited to present to the market Marvel Day Nursery.
The nursery occupies a unique site on a community shopping street which results in constant footfall 7 days a week.
The nursery first opened its doors in February 2014 and due to a change in direction is placed for sale, the nursery is currently closed but as you can see from the pictures below is fully equipped to re-open straight away.
Our client completely transformed the closed down shop units and spent over £75,000 turning the space into a spacious nursery, registered for 33 children now the nursery could easily accommodate 40. (The space is split approx. 25 in the toddler’s room and 10 in the baby room).
When open the nursery operated Monday to Friday 07.30- 18.30, offering both governments funded children’s spaces as well as part time/full time privately funded spaces paying from £500-£1,000 per month.
The key values of the nursery include -
- Making friends & friendship.
- Table manners.
- Celebrating British authors & illustrators.
- Cooking, eating & learning about traditional British food.
- Kindness, being helpful & respectful of others.
- Teaching empathy & understanding.
- Learning about our heritage & history.
- Learning British weather seasons.
- Tolerating others & mutual respect.
- Being part of a local community through outings & partnerships with local schools, nurseries.
- Being polite, saying please & thank you.
Very rarely do nurseries of this standard, size and location come onto the open market and we believe the unique selling points will ensure much attention -
- Secure mid terraced parade location with free parking.
- 2 x outside spaces well positioned at the rear of the property.
- New 10-year lease with very low rent for the size.
- Council owned and maintained property.
- Zero rates now to be applied (as of the March 2020 budget announcement).
- Previously operated with 40 children with a constant waiting list.
- Previous turnover of approx. £150,000.
- Highly dense residential area with lots of families looking for nursery spaces.
- Opportunity to open at weekends.
- Flexible space could easily provide a centre for rest bite or more specialist care services, children’s yoga/ exercise classes.
- ‘Turnkey’ opportunity with no asset investment required.
- Instant places to be filled by new advertising and nursery website/ Facebook page.
This part of Orpington is graduating, expanding and any experienced children’s nursery would gladly appreciate the environment created.
We believe any similar space would cost around £100,000 to establish from scratch.
No staff currently.
MONDAY - FRIDAY: 07.30 - 18.30 (currently closed)
SATURDAY/ SUNDAY: closed
** opening hours could be extended, and a weekend added
Marvel Day Nursery occupies a triple sized unit on Cotmandene Crescent in St Paul’s Cray, Orpington.
The nursery is well placed on this busy parade of community shops which includes a busy Co-op, post office, veterinary clinic, Johnstone’s decorating centre, children & family centre, several takeaways, car accessories store, Barclays, dry cleaners, hairdressers & cobblers.
The nursery also faces Bromley Valley Gymnastics Centre, Giggs Hill Church & Midfield Primary School and is surrounded by hundreds of residential flats and houses.
Orpington is a highly desirable Town at the south-eastern edge of London’s urban sprawl and is in the borough of Bromley.
St. Pauls Cray is conveniently located just off the A20 which acts as the major link road from Kent into central London.
Nearest mainline station is St. Mary’s Cray.
The nursery benefits from free parking directly outside as well as large car park directly facing.
- Reception area - includes secure door entry system, chairs and table.
- Office - includes admin desk, filing cabinets & storage, PC.
- Hall - with information boards and children’s artwork.
- Baby Room (0-2-year olds) - includes new flooring, carpet, sink & cupboard unit, microwave, water heater, 2 x wall mounted heaters, activity boards, toys & games, 2 x highchairs, baby pen, baby changing table, music system.
- Toddlers Room (2-5year olds) - includes 5 x spread tables & chairs, several children’s kitchen units, A boards, play tables, fancy dress costumes, 2 x wall mounted heaters, storage units, sink & cupboard unit, hi, drinks toys & games.
- Rear Hallway - includes changing table and coat hooks.
- 2 x children’s toilets (girls), 2 x toilets (boys).
- Staff toilet.
- Staff kitchen - includes chest freezers, upright fridge/freezer, electric oven, microwave, dishwasher, wall and base cupboards, sink unit.
- Sensory room - new carpet and storage units.
- 1st area - designated play soaps with outside toys & games, turfed flooring.
- 2nd area - currently unused but ideal baby or outside sensory space.
We are advised a new 10-year lease is in place paying just £16,000 per year, current yearly business rates stand at just over £7,000 however this should be reduced to zero in line with the recent budget announcement.