Children’s School Wear Store
- Asking Price: £25,000 +SAV
- Turnover: Dorset Schoolwear generated an advised turnover of circa £270,000 as of last year.
- Tenure: Leasehold
Hilton Smythe welcomes to the market, Dorset Schoolwear.
Dorset Schoolwear was founded in 1996 and taken over by the current owner over 12 years ago and has been a real labour of love for him. The business is now being sold reluctantly due to his wish to take a well-earned retirement.
Dorset Schoolwear is a well presented and well stocked retail store selling a wide range children’s clothing.
Website - https://dorsetschoolwear.co.uk/
The business has many regular customers and enjoys good visibility on the internet.
Scope to Improve
• Advertising and marketing campaign
• Maximise the use of social media
• Website ideally with e-commerce facility
• Extend the opening hours
• Explore the viability of stocking a range of footwear
Reasons to Buy
• A well-established business with an enviable reputation and many existing customers
• A real opportunity to increase turnover significantly as the current owner is running at a pace to suit but the business has enjoyed a higher turnover previously
• Perfect trading position
• Low running costs with inexpensive rent and no business rates
• Lots of free parking close by
• Little or no competition locally
• Ideal owner managed or partnership business
• 8. 5* Google rating
Hilton Smythe highly advise early viewing to avoid disappointment.
The business is currently run by our client with the help of one full time and two full time.
Monday 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
Tuesday 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
Wednesday 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
Thursday 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
Friday 9.00 am – 2.00 pm
Saturday 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
Dorset Schoolwear only 0.6 miles from A354, provides a fantastic base in this lovely region, the business is within easy reach to the host of tourist attractions in the region.
The vibrant seaside resort of Weymouth with its fine Georgian seafront, fantastic beaches, rich heritage and busy town centre facilities.
The ground floor trading area comprises of a main counter and changing rooms. There is great lighting in store as well as, racking and storage units.
The business is being offered to the market to be able to trade in its current format- full equipment list upon request.
We are advised the business is being sold as a Leasehold
Original Lease length: 18 years
Remaining lease length: 4 years as of 2018
Rent: £14,000 per annum
We are advised business rates are payable at £2000 per annum