Eco-Friendly Gift Wrapping Business For Sale
Salisbury , Wiltshire
- Asking Price: £99,950 +SAV
We are advised the business generated a turnover of circa £110,000 as of 2021, further financial information can be made available upon request.
Please quote reference B06854
- Tenure: Business Only
Please quote reference B06854
Hilton Smythe is very excited to offer to the market Eco-Wrap, an instantly successful and highly desirable new business opportunity which is supporting the UK’s growing demand for more sustainable and recyclable products.
Eco-Wrap was founded by our client in 2018 following her watching a video that went viral on social media highlighting the fact that the vast majority of wrapping paper could not be recycled. After searching for recyclable gift wrap suppliers it was quickly apparent there was a gap in the market and the new business began!
Eco-Wrap offers Eco-Friendly wrapping paper which is 100% recyclable and sustainable, available in 4m rolls lengths with a large choice of their own unique designs available in vibrant colours.
The business concentrates on supplying both High Street retailers, smaller independent retailers and direct customer orders via their own website.
In 2021, our client secured a very exciting 12 month contract to supply a popular high street store, the relationship has proven to be very successful and they have already agreed a new 12 month agreement until January 2023 to supply a further 60,000 units. We believe the demand from the popular high street store customers will continue to grow and therefore acts as one of the main key selling points of this business.
Eco-Wrap currently offers the following products -
- Wrapping paper - made from 50gsm recycled kraft paper, vegan friendly & recyclable, printed with water based inks
- Gift tags - all handmade using card stock from recycled waste
- Twine - sustainably sourced and derived from pine & eucalyptus wood pulp
- Tape - made using fully recyclable kraft paper
- Ribbon - sustainably sourced and derived from pine & eucalyptus wood pulp
As you can see from the business website, there are many designs and vibrant colour choices available. In addition to these ranges, they can offer bespoke designs for any business (min. 400 rolls required) and work with an experienced graphic designer who can bring the ideas and inspiration to life.
Key selling points -
- Business model embracing the UK trend for more sustainable & recyclable products
- 12 month supply agreement with a popular high street store
- Large choice of designs included
- Low running costs
- UK & European suppliers
- Ethical, sustainable & recyclable
- Supports charities through particular design sales
- Handover period offered
- New equipment to be included
- Business website (with online ordering facility)
- Facebook page
Further growth opportunities -
- Paid Google advertising
- UK Marketing campaign
- Increased social media presence
- Attending the many trade shows
- Adding business development
- Increasing production hours
- Extending the current range
- Expanding operations/ staffing structure
- Further investment
Combined Assets = £25,000
- Nepeta paper coreless rewinder slitter machine, user manual, spare blades
- Air compressor and adapter for the machine.
- Brother QL-600 label printer
- Cricut Maker machine – unopened and never used.
- X2 storage units for the prep cut & rolled 4m rolls.
- Portable space insulated office 4x2.5m used since April 2021 plus electric pack (Never been used)
- Fire equipment if required x1 co2 x1 water x1 fire blanket
- Smoke alarm
The business is run and managed by 2 part time staff members.
The business trading hours are as followed:
Monday to Friday - 10:00am - 17:00pm
Online platform is open 24/7.
Eco-Wrap is currently run from our clients home office within Wiltshire, however the business is being sold as a 100% transferable business opportunity.
Business currently runs from our clients home office which includes some relocatable storage units that will be included in the sale.