Exceptional Florist business for sale
West Sussex, West Sussex
- Asking Price: £98,500 +SAV
We are advised as per the 2021 accounts, the business generated a turnover in the region of £165,000. Full financials can be made available upon further request.
Please quote reference B06158
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B06158
Hilton Smythe are delighted to bring to the market a thriving and long-standing floristry business with an enviable reputation. The business was initially established by our client in 2004 and is only now for sale as our client wishes to spend time with family overseas.
One of the best florists in the south, and florist of choice for many businesses in the local area, Zara Flora has a contract with a large multi-site funeral director, is house florist for two of the most prestigious hotels in Sussex and preferred supplier for the area’s top wedding venue.
The business offers a wide range of hand tied bouquets and floral arrangements for delivery in the local area, also cut flowers, house plants, pots, vases and cards in the shop.
The sale of the business includes the following -
- Website (supported - hire)
- Till (own) & card readers (hire)
- Sign-written 2019 van (hire)
- Social media accounts
- Several florist related URLs
- Counter and work tops
- Display units and shelves
We feel there is Scope to Improve: -
- Extending the delivery area for online orders to 10 miles (7 miles currently) to take in three significant towns.
- Joining a relay network such as Interflora to grow web orders.
- Making better use of tools on Facebook and Instagram to extend reach.
- Attending more wedding fairs in the area (current owners attend one per year)
- A well-established business with an outstanding reputation, great brand recognition and many repeat clients.
- Ideal owner-managed or partnership business with real growth potential.
- A real Lifestyle opportunity, offering an ambitious new owner the chance to prosper in a thriving community.
- Current owner is happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success of the business.
We are advised that the business is owner run and managed on a full-time basis, with the help of 1 part time family member and freelancers
The business hours are;
Monday – 10:00 – 15:00
Tuesday – 10:00 – 15:00
Wednesday– 10:00 – 15:00
Thursday – 10:00 – 15:00
Friday – 10:00 – 15:00
Saturday – 10:00 – 14:00
Zara Flora is located at the top of Ship Street in the heart of East Grinstead, West Sussex.
East Grinstead is an affluent town in West Sussex, close to the borders of East Sussex, Surrey, and Kent, 27 miles south east of London and 21 miles north east of Brighton. This ancient market town has a fine architectural heritage and is surrounded by beautiful countryside.
The Town is popular with professionals commuting to London by train (1 hour) and a short drive from the M23 (13 mins) Gatwick Airport (15 mins) and M25 (25 mins).
Zara Flora enjoys a prominent position, between the High Street and Waitrose, close to branded stores, banks, restaurants, bars, and popular independent retailers.
Zara Flora occupies premises with unusually large windows, excellent eye-catching signage, and good pavement space for external displays and stands. The front door opens into the sales area, with a counter and display stands, and to the rear is a storage and cutting area. There is a small kitchenette, storage room, and staff WC.
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis, with just under 2 years remaining on the lease, that the landlord is willing to assign the lease and/or discuss a new lease, that rent per the present lease is £967 per month, and rates are currently £0 payable.