Extremely well established Butchers buisness for sale
Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
- Asking Price: £49,995 +SAV
We are advised as per the 2020 accounts, the business generated a turnover in the region of £280,000, with an adjusted net profit in the region of £20,000. Full financials can be made available upon further request.
Please quote reference B06453
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B06453
Hilton Smythe is delighted to present to the market Harry’s Butchers, a much loved and successful community butchers business.
The ‘turn-key’ business opportunity has been fully refurbished by our clients including new equipment throughout, new flooring and decoration. The business comes with a newly decorated 2 bedroomed first floor flat which benefits from its own separate entrance.
Due to the health conditions of our client, we are looking for a very quick sale and therefore all serious offers will be considered to allow a quick transfer.
The business is a Butchers, Sandwich Shop & Deli, as a high proportion of the customer base/activity is driven by sandwich sales. Also the business work closely with and service customers from many local building sites (Leamington is a key development area), technology park and offices nearby. Including the new covid lab testing site is less than a mile away.
The sale of the business includes (Majority of equipment is less than 4 years old) -
- 2 x 2.5m Serve-over counters with under storage refrigeration
- Upright display refrigerated unit (can convert to operate as a fridge or freezer)
- Triple door counter freezer
- Double door counter freezer
- 12ft x 10ft Walk-in Chiller (refurbished including new digital refrigeration unit/motor)
- Free Standing display unit
- Vac packer
- Upright Freezer
- Avert Berkel Scale/Till system with labelling functionality (fully capable of compliance with Natasha’s law)
- 2 x Slicers
- Wall mounted water boiler (for hot beverages)
- 4 x Microwaves
- 3 x Convector Ovens
- Gas Oven & Hob
- 2 x Griddles
- Multiple prep tables
- CCTV & Monitor
- Veg Prep Machine
- Comprehensive of stainless steel and black melamine display trays
- Air conditioning unit
- Drinks fridge
- Bain marie
They currently offer the following services -
- Fresh meat counter - offering prime cuts of beef, lamb, pork and chicken, hand cut bacon, homemade burgers and sausages, spicy BBQ ribs, chicken wings, prepared steak rolls, ribeye steaks, lamb shanks & more.
- Deli counter - offers a large selection of cooked meats, homemade pies, pasties and sausage rolls, pasta, salads, large choice of cold sandwich fillings and hot sandwiches including hot lamb rolls, pork & stuffing, readymade meals to enjoy at home, sliced cakes, party snacks, crisps & more.
Our clients purchased the business 6 years ago and consistently re-invested the profits to both improve the appearance of the traditional store but also ensure all of the old equipment was replaced (see asset list below).
We believe the high level of investment made by our clients will allow any new owner the benefit of making a very good profit from the average weekly sales of £5,000 - £6,000 straight away.
During the Covid lockdown period, our clients further invested in the complete refurbishment of the first floor 2 bedroomed flat. Any new owner will have the choice to either live on site or rent the flat out for £700-800 per month.
Further growth potential -
- Outside catering
- Local deliveries
- Commercial supply of meats & pies
- Hog Roast supply for weddings/parties
- Extend current opening hours
We are advised that the business has 1 full-time and 2 part-time members of staff.
The business hours are -
Monday – Closed
Tuesday – 9:00am – 4:30pm
Wednesday – 9:00am – 4:30pm
Thursday – 9:00am – 4:30pm
Friday – 9:00am – 4:30pm
Saturday – 9:00am – 1:00pm
Sunday - Closed
Harry’s Butchers occupies a much sought after trading position on a busy parade of community shops on Heathcote Road in Leamington Spa.
This popular parade of shops includes a chemist, post office/newsagents, fish bar, barbers, dental practice and convenience store.
Whitnash is a very well established residential area located on the outskirts of Leamington town centre. It offers a very good choice of schools, leisure facilities (including the Leamington & Country golf club), local medical centre and nearby Heathcote industrial estate.
Heathcote road links to the nearby A452 which acts as the main link road on to the M40 motorway.
Nearest mainline train station is Leamington Spa (approx 15 mins walk away)
The parade of shops benefits from free customer parking directly outside.
Ground floor -
- Full equipped retails shop area
- Rear kitchen/prep room (with walk in chiller)
- Storage room
- Staff facilities/toilet
- Sitting room
- Fully fitted kitchen
- Family bathroom
- 2 x double bedrooms
We are advised that the business is being sold on a leasehold basis, with 11 years remaining on the 15 year lease. The rent is £1,625 per month and has £0 rates payable.