Extremely well established Cafe & Coffee Shop for sale
- Asking Price: £95,000 +SAV
We are advised as per the 2020 accounts, the business generated a turnover in the region of £110,000, with an adjusted net profit in the region of £32,000. Full financials can be made available upon further request.
Please quote reference B06919
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B06919
Hilton Smythe are delighted to have been given the opportunity to manage the sale of a well-established Coffee Shop/Cafe with a renowned reputation amongst local residents. This is a superb opportunity to take on a popular, profitable and well used local business in an area teeming with customers.
There has been a food based business at this site since the mid-19th century and it has been under the current since the late 1980’s when it was taken over by a local woman with a real passion for food. The business was inherited by the current owner and it was his determination to ensure that this is the best Coffee Shop/Café in the area. The business has been a real labour of love for him accruing an impressive number of regular customers and a fantastic reputation.
The business is now being sold, albeit reluctantly and with a heavy heart only due to health issues and a desire to pursue a change in direction. The vendor is keen to see his beloved Coffee Shop/Cafe passed to an ambitious and entrepreneurial new owner(s) who can take this already thriving business to the next level.
The business enjoys a great reputation and has an impressive number of regular customers many of whom are known on a first name basis by the owner who is a popular and well respected member of the local community.
The business serves traditional fare that is freshly prepared on the premises using seasonal and local ingredients wherever possible.
The menu includes;
- Hot and cold drinks (best coffee in town reputedly!)
- Breakfasts, traditional and vegetarian, served all day
- Sandwiches & Toasties
- Toasted Ciabattas
- A range of main course dishes- fresh from the grill
- Fish dishes
- Homemade classics
- Jacket Potatoes
- House Salads
- Lite Bites
- Children’s menu
- Wines & Lagers
- “Lovely staff, food and service, highly recommended “
- “Tasty food, good coffee, chilled atmosphere, low prices”
- “Busy coffee house, right in the town centre. You know it’s good when the locals of all walks of life come here for breakfast. Lovely staff and great set menu with lots of choices."
- Advertising and marketing campaign
- Website ideally with an online ordering facility
- Introduce a delivery service which would have a significant effect on turnover
- Extend the opening hours, perhaps opening on Sundays and as a Bistro in the evenings
- Explore the possibility of operating a Sandwich Round delivering to local businesses at lunch times
- Develop an outside catering side to the business.
- A well-established business with an enviable reputation, many existing customers and great visibility on the internet
- Current owner happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success
- Prime trading position in the centre of the town with loads of footfall
- Ideal owner managed or partnership business
- Lends itself perfectly as a ‘Bolt On’ to an existing food business
- All fixtures, fittings and equipment included making this a real Turnkey business opportunity.
This is definitely not your average coffee house/cafe and is likely to attract considerable interest.
We are advised that the business is owner run and managed, with the help of 2 full-time and 3 part-time staff members and casual staff as required.
The business hours are -
Monday – 09:00 – 17:30
Tuesday – 09:00 – 17:30
Wednesday – 09:00 – 17:30
Thursday – 09:00 – 17:30
Friday – 09:00 – 17:30
Saturday – 09:00 – 17:30
Sunday - Closed
The business is located in West Glamorgan.
The area has a number of pubs, bars, clubs and restaurants.
The business is ideally positioned in the centre of the town and sits alongside other complimentary retail businesses, many of which are interesting independents and thus benefits from high levels of footfall and passing trade. The business is beautifully presented and maintained with clear visible signage and distinctive livery. There are a number of inexpensive, public car parks within easy walking distance of the premises.
The business occupies two floors of an attractive period property and briefly comprises;
Cafe/Restaurant - Windows and glazed door to front creating a light, airy and inviting interior, generous eating area with high ceilings that enhance the feeling of space even further, lots of original, period detailing including heavily beamed ceiling and exposed brick work, tiled floor, nice quality tables and chairs providing approximately 44 covers(scope to increase), pendant lighting, chalked menu boards, bespoke counter with refrigerated, glass front, traditional italian coffee machine, coffee grinder.
Kitchen - A generous and comprehensively equipped catering kitchen, vinyl non slip flooring, full extraction system with stainless steel canopy, 6 burner range cooker with oven beneath, 6 pot Bain Marie, Lincat twin basket fryers, 3 compartment stainless steel fridge, 8 compartment toppings bar, 2 microwave ovens, under counter freezer, stainless steel preparation tables.
Wash Up Area - With deep stainless sink and drainer, commercial dish washer, commercial glass washer, stainless steel hand wash basin, stainless steel preparation tables, microwave oven, wall mounted Worcester boiler, wall mounted bug zapper.
First Floor - Further dining area, lovely bright room with windows to front, tile effect floor, feature ceiling fan and coving, nice quality tables and chairs providing approximately 28 covers.
Freezer / Dry Goods Room - Useful store room with window to rear, vinyl flooring, picture rail, freestanding shelving and three chest freezers.
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis, with 5 years remaining on the 10 year lease. The rent is £25,750 per annum, with the rates at £5,570 per annum.