Extremely well established Convenience Store for sale
- Asking Price: £38,995 +SAV
We are advised as per the 2020 accounts, the business generated a turnover in the region of £100,000. Full financials can be made available upon further request.
Please quote reference B06655
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B06655
Hilton Smythe is delighted to present to the market The Chocolate Box Newsagents & Convenience store established in this desirable area in the 1980s.
The ‘Turn-key’ opportunity is now being made available for sale due to retirement/other business interests of the current owners.
The business is extremely well known within the area and comes with the added benefit of a 2 bedroomed owners accommodation arranged over the ground and first floor levels.
The Chocolate Box currently offers the following range of goods/services -
- Large choice of magazines & newspapers
- Confectionery, crisps & ice cream
- Essential groceries, household goods and toiletries
- Alcohol, cold drinks, loose sweets
- Greeting cards, seasonal products, stationery
- Cigarettes, tobacco pouches & large range of vaping fluids
- Lottery, Western union, photocopying
We are advised they recently gained a alcohol licence and have started to stock a limited range to test the market. We believe any new owner would benefit from increasing the range to add more wines, spirits and beers.
The business currently concentrates on a loyal local customer base as well a good level of passing trade.
Further growth potential -
- Extending the opening hours
- Re-modelling the current shop layout
- Increasing the chilled drink fridges
- Adding more snacks, hot food & sandwiches
- Adding local deliveries
- Offering fresh bean to cup coffees & teas
- Linking with a well-known grocery partner (such as Premier)
Key selling points -
- New 5 year lease available
- Very low rent
- Nil business rates
- Busy trading position
- New housing developments nearby
- Large adjacent car park
We are advised that the business is run and managed by the owners.
The business hours are -
Monday – 6:00am – 6:30pm
Tuesday – 6:00am – 6:30pm
Wednesday – 6:00am – 6:30pm
Thursday – 6:00am – 6:30pm
Friday – 6:00am – 6:30pm
Saturday – 6:00am – 6:30pm
Sunday - 7:00am to 2:00pm
The Chocolate Box Newsagents & Convenience store occupies a highly visible trading position on the High Street in Rainham, Gillingham in Kent.
The well-known business sits along a busy parade of complementary businesses which include a petrol garage, repair garage, aesthetics business, 2 x takeaways, tattoo business and united services social club.
The business is conveniently positioned just off the busy A2 which links Sittingbourne to Gillingham and is also just a few minutes off the M2 motorway.
There is a large pay and display customer car park located just to the right hand side of the shop.
Ground floor -
- Open plan retail area
- Service counter
- Toilet area
- Living room
- 2 x double bedrooms
- Family bathroom
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis, with 3 years remaining on the 3-year lease. The rent is £570 per month. The lease is reviewed every 5 years and was last done in July 2020.
Protected under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954.