Extremely well established flooring business for sale
- Asking Price: £248,000 +SAV
Further financials can be made available upon request.
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B07449
Hilton Smythe are delighted to welcome to the market Dobson Flooring, a highly rated business opportunity in Cheltenham.
Dobson Flooring is a family run business that was established in 1963. The business has been operating from the current premises since 2009. This business has built up an excellent reputation and regular client base. As seen by the online ratings and reviews, the business is extremely popular.
Dobson Flooring has now come to the open market due to our clients wish to retire.
The business prides itself on offering specialist flooring advice and efficient project management, supplying and installing a wide range of flooring products at extremely competitive prices.
The business has an experienced team of fitters that have worked with them for many years ensuring that customer satisfaction is paramount.
The business offers a range of products including;
- Carpets, a wide range including Cormar Carpets, Edel Telenzo, Victoria Carpets, Brockway, Gaskell, Kersaint Cobb, Unnatural Flooring and Flooring One to name just a few.
- Bespoke rugs and runners to the customer’s specific requirements and these can be edged in cotton, linen, leather, suede or yarn.
- Karndean. The business supplies the full range of Karndean in either wood or tile effect.
- Vinyl, a selection of vinyl flooring that can be taken away or fitted.
- Remnants, at 50% off recommended retail price.
Key selling points -
- A well-established business with an enviable reputation and many happy and satisfied customers
- Current owners happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success
- A real opportunity to increase turnover and profits significantly, current owners have been running at a pace to suit
- Ideal owner managed or partnership business
- Perfect opportunity for an experienced flooring salesman looking for their first foray into self employment/business ownership.
- Advertising and Marketing campaign
- Maximise the use of social media
- Extend the opening hours
- Update the existing website
- Invest in SEO and PPC to drive new customers to the business
We are advised that the business is run and managed by our client, with the help of an apprentice, an administrator and 2 self employed carpet fitters. The businesss also receives help from casuals as and when needed.
The current trading hours are -
Monday to Tuesday - Closed
Wednesday to Friday - 9am - 5pm
Saturday to Sunday - Closed
Dobson Carpets is located on a small industrial estate in Cheltenham.
The business occupies premises ideally suited to the trade on a small industrial estate.
The premises briefly comprise a generous showroom/warehouse together with a mezzanine displaying remnants. In addition, there is a first floor office/staff room with a kitchen area.
The business is nicely presented with clear visible signage and free customer parking immediately outside the premises.
There is a skip to the side of the premises.
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis, with currently on a 5 year lease. The rent is £16,000 per annum.
We are advised that the landlord would be happy to negotiate a mutually acceptable lease with a new owner.