Extremely well established Gift Shop with loyal customer base for sale
Wolverhampton, West Midlands
- Asking Price: £99,999 +SAV
We are advised as per the 2019 accounts, the business generated a turnover in the region of £180,000, with an adjusted net profit in the region of £50,000. Full financials can be made available upon further request.
Please quote reference B06810
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B06810
Hilton Smythe are pleased to have been given the opportunity to manage the sale of Let’s Go Round Again which is a well-established business with a renowned reputation amongst local residents. This is a superb opportunity to take on a high turnover local business in a busy shopping area.
Let’s Go around Again was founded by the current owner and her mother over 23 years ago. The business has been a real labour of love for her accruing an impressive number of regular customers, many of whom are known on a first name basis by the owner. The business enjoys a fantastic reputation and has been a finalist 3 times in award ceremonies put on by the leading gift trade publication, winning Gift Retailer of the Year (Midlands and Wales) at the Savoy Hotel in London.
Alas the time has come to sell this wonderful business, only due to a wish to take a well-earned retirement. The vendor is keen to see her beloved gift and card shop pass to an ambitious and entrepreneurial new owner(s) who can take this already thriving business to the next level.
Let’s Go Round Again is an independent, family run business that prides itself on its products, friendly and relaxed atmosphere and exceptional customer service.
The business is extremely well stocked and houses a carefully curated collection of products, with local selling exclusivity on top brands including Jellycat, Steiff, Ty, Joma, Katie Loxton, Willow Tree, Yankee, East of India, Powder Designs, Lily Flame and Wrendale, including;
- Design led gifts
- Top Brand Greeting Cards
- Silver and Costume Jewellery
- Soft Toys
- Children's Toys and Games
- Picture Frames
- Home Accessories
- Altogether providing gifts for all occasions, from New Baby and Christening, to milestone birthdays, retirement, wedding etc.
The sale will include the company website (currently undergoing upgrading) and Facebook page and the business enjoys great visibility on the internet along with lovely reviews such as;
- “Lovely little gift shop with friendly helpful staff, perfect to find a gift for a loved one. They also offer to wrap your gifts for you too!”
- “Beautiful things and lovely cards”
- “The two young ladies who served me and everyone in the shop at the same time are what make this one of the best shops for miles around. Did I mention the gift wrapping service? Brilliant, independent shop.”
- Advertising and marketing campaign
- Maximise the use of social media particularly Twitter and Instagram
- Update the existing website ideally adding an e-commerce facility. There is a real opportunity to increase turnover significantly by selling online
- Consider selling on Amazon, Etsy and eBay.
- Extend the opening hours by opening at 9am instead of 10am daily. Also currently closed on Wednesdays and Sundays.
- Explore online voucher discounters such as Groupon and Wowcher.
- Re-activate and promote the personalisation side of the business, a very lucrative area.
- Promotion of the bespoke picture framing service (undertaken by a 3rd party on a commission basis)
- A well-established business with an enviable reputation and many existing customers
- Low running costs with inexpensive rent and no business rates
- Prime trading position with no other gift shop in the village.
- Current owner happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success
- Ideal owner managed or partnership business
- The majority of fixtures and fittings are included making this a real Turnkey business opportunity.
- The business is situated in a salubrious area with discerning customers.
This lovely little business is likely to attract considerable interest.
We are advised that the business is currently owner run and managed, with the help of two part-time staff members.
The business hours are -
Monday – 10:00am – 5:00pm
Tuesday – 10:00am – 5:00pm
Wednesday – Closed
Thursday – 10:00am – 5:00pm
Friday – 10:00am – 5:00pm
Saturday – 10:00am – 5:00pm
Sunday - Closed
Let’s Go around Again is based in Wombourne a large village and civil parish in Staffordshire, claimed to be the largest village in England, with a population of 14,157 (2011 census). This provides great custom for the local shops situated around the village green/cricket ground, together with valued custom from the regular workers at local businesses, offices and schools.
Wombourne is located 4 miles south west of Wolverhampton and just outside the county and conurbation of the West Midlands.
The area around the green, the original village of Wombourne, evolved as the commercial and cultural centre. The green is surrounded by small independent shops, of which Lets Go Round Again is one, and which remain a distinctive feature of the village's commercial life.
The village population of Wombourne works partly locally and partly in the larger centres of Wolverhampton, the Black Country, Birmingham and Telford. Wombourne is a particularly salubrious area and housing here is priced above the average and highly sought after.
National Express West Midlands bus routes 255, 256, 255s and 256s all serve Wombourne. The area is near to the main A449 road.
Let’s Go Round again occupies a prominent position in the centre of the village and sits alongside other complimentary, retail businesses, most of which are interesting independents and thus benefits from high levels of footfall and passing trade along with regular custom.
The business really is beautifully presented and maintained with clear, visible signage and distinctive and upmarket looking livery. There is a shoppers car park nearby along with free on street parking in the surrounding streets.
Let’s Go Round Again occupies two floors of a mid-terrace property and is presented to the highest standards and very well maintained. The business has a pleasing upmarket feel. The business briefly comprises;
Shop - Windows and glazed door to front creating a light, airy and inviting interior, window display area ideal for seasonal displays, generous shop with carpet flooring, feature beams to walls, painted dresser with 3 drawers and cupboard below, freestanding handbag display with 1 wooden and 3 glass shelves, 2 tall glass display units, Yankee Candle display, Greeting card racking with two drawers beneath, further painted dresser with three drawers and open shelving beneath, revolving carousel unit, Joma Jewellery display, Annaleese glass cabinet with revolving glass shelves, EPOS till and card machine, triple glass cabinet, painted dresser, timber shelving unit with 6 shelves, wall hanging space, stairs to first floor.
Stock room - With perimeter shelving and floor storage space, door to rear yard and bin store, kitchenette.
WC - With close coupled toilet and pedestal hand wash basin.
Retail area - Further generous sales area, carpet flooring ,dual aspect with windows to side and to rear, bespoke card racking, 6 revolving card carousels, perimeter shelving for product display, feature modern chandeliers x 2, central table display, wall hanging space, 2 large glass display units, wrought iron display with glass shelves.
Store Room - Another useful store room with window to front, perimeter shelving and floor storage space, access to roof space.
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis, with a mutually acceptable lease to be agreed with a new owner. The rent is £18,200 per annum and has £0 rates payable.