Extremely well established Hotel and Restaurant For Sale
- Asking Price: £800,000 +SAV
We are advised as per the 2022 accounts, the business generated a turnover in the region of £325,000. Further financials can be made available upon request.
- Tenure: Freehold
Please quote reference B07208
Hilton Smythe are delighted to welcome to the market Orles Barn, an extremely highly rated Hotel and Restaurant located in Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire.
Orles Barn was originally established back in 1972, before our client took ownership in 2018. During that time, the business has built up an excellent reputation.
This business opportunity has now come to the open market due to our clients desire for a change of direction.
Orles Barn dates from the 14th century when it was one of a number of farm buildings on this site. The low wall that edges the front lawn is the remains of a long building in which wooden clogs were once made for locals and passing workers.
Orles Barn Restaurant is open to guests and non-residents, using locally sourced ingredients and seasonal produce.
Events & Private Hire - The business can cater for up to 45 guests for a 3 course sit down meal. There is a variety of options available for group bookings, wedding receptions and events. They can either take over the whole Hotel & Restaurant, a section of it or use their lounge for drinks & canapes.
At Orles Barn they offer a truly unforgettable day & a beautiful location. Their restaurant has warmth and ambiance with wonderful food and service. They believe in offering a unique wedding experience, understanding that every occasion is different, which is why they tailor the event to meet your requirements.
Key selling points -
- Well Established with an enviable reputation
- Perfect lifestyle business with lovely owners accommodation and separate annex
- All fixtures and fittings included making this a real Turn Key business opportunity
- Prime trading position
- Advertising and marketing campaign
- Extend opening hours of the restaurant
- Increase the signage from main road perhaps using A boards etc
- Explore on line voucher discounters such as Wowcher, Groupon and Taste Card
- Consider becoming licensed for weddings etc
We are advised that the business is run and managed by our clients, with the help of 1 full-time and 4 part-time members of staff.
The current restaurant hours are (Hotel trades 24/7) -
Monday – 18:30 – 21:00
Tuesday – 18:30 – 21:00
Wednesday – 18:30 – 21:00
Thursday – 18:30 – 21:00
Friday – 18:30 – 21:00
Saturday – 18:30 – 21:00
Sunday - 12:00 – 14:30
Orles Barn is located in Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire.
A market town in England close to the border with Wales, it lies on the River Wye and on the northern edge of The Forest of Dean.
Ground floor -
- Reception area with beamed ceiling and a wealth of original features.
- Lounge - A lovely spacious room with original beamed ceilings, feature fire place, pendant and wall lighting, luxurious velvet seating.
- Restaurant - Newly refurbished with much money having been spent, warm and inviting with a contemporary feel, high quality tables and chairs currently provide approximately 45-52 covers but room for more if required views and access to lovely rear garden which is laid mostly to lawn with established shrubs, trees and herbaceous borders, feature pergola and outside dining for 30 covers and perfect for idyllic Al fresco dining.
- Kitchen - Generous and comprehensively equipped catering Kitchen , tiled floors and walls, windows to rear.
- Orange Pippin - Large and beautifully decorated room with king size bed, feature pitched ceiling, twin windows to front, bespoke wardrobes, tv point, en suite shower room.
- Molly Delicious - Lovely bright room king-size bed, window to rear, many original features, en suite bath room with a pleasing upmarket feel.
- Pixie Apple - Feature wall papers, generous king or twin bed option, TV point, bespoke wardrobes and n suite bath room with white sanitary ware.
- Annie Elizabeth - Lovely bright room Super king, feature painted beams and period detailing, built in wardrobes and en suite bath room.
- Landing - Generous landing with useful linen cupboards.
- Lounge dual aspect window and door to front wood effect flooring, featured fire place, bespoke alcove storage, double size bed with window to side, ensuite shower room with walk in shower and white sanitary ware.
- 1 double bedroom on the ground floor (with the scope to do the en- suite), kitchen, dining room/lounge, 2 double bedrooms and a bathroom on the first floor
- Office space with room for desk chair
- Large gravelled parking area to front, beautiful period style detached property dating from the 14th century when it was one of a number of farm buildings on the site.
- Front gardens with established flower beds, bespoke wood store, useful storage container with power and light.
- Further private garden with lawned area.
We are advised that the business opportunity is being sold on a Freehold basis.