Extremely well established Traditional Sweet Shop for sale
- Asking Price: £44,000 +SAV
We are advised that the average turnover generated for the business is in the region of £54,000 - £64,000. Full financials can be made available upon further request.
Please quote reference B06765
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B06765
Hilton Smythe welcomes to the market, McMillers Sweets Emporium.
McMillers Sweets Emporium is a proper family business established in 1999. The business has been a real labour of love accruing many happy and returning customers along with a fantastic reputation.
This lovely little business is now being sold, albeit reluctantly due to retirement. The vendors are keen to see their beloved confectionery shop pass to an ambitious and entrepreneurial new owner(s) who can take this already thriving business to the next level.
Positioned directly next to the oly six sailed working windmill in Lincolnshire McMillers Sweets Emporium evokes nostaligia with a choice of over 500 products. As a family business they are proud to deal with suppliers from other family run establishments that are still using traditional methods. The business retails boiled sweets that are still produced in copper pans and their hand made fudges and toffees are made at a small holding in Yorkshire.
The business is very popular and see's many returning customers from Barnsley, Sheffield, Doncaster due to their holiday homes in Cleethorpes.
The business sources products and suppliers from worldwide locations, dealing with traditional British firms as well as companies from Finland, Italy, Denmark, Australia and Spain to name but a few.
McMillers Sweets Emporium stocks and sells an incredible range of mouth watering products including;
- Bon Bon’s
- Fizzy Sours
- Handmade toffees, fudges & buttered Brazil’s
- Herbal, menthol and medicinal
- Hard Boiled
- Kali Licks
- Sugar Free
- Mints & Rocks
- Party Cones
- “Fantastic shop with a great selection and quick, friendly staff“
- “Fantastic place, any sweets you can think of and the owners are so friendly“
- “Will be recommending to everyone I know wanting goodies for presents“
- Advertising and marketing campaign
- Maximise the use of social media
- Add an e-commerce facility to the website and tap the online market
- Extend the opening hours
- Introduce a customer loyalty card / scheme
- Explore online voucher discounters such as Wowcher and Groupon
- A well established business with an enviable reputation and many existing customers
- Ideal owner managed or partnership business
- Current owners would be happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success
- A lovely lifestyle business offering a lucky new owner the opportunity of working under the beautiful Waltham Windmill
- All fixtures and fittings included making this a real Turnkey business opportunity
- A real opportunity to increase turnover and profits significantly.
We are advised that the business is run and managed by both owners, with the help of 2 part-time members of staff.
The business hours are -
Monday – Closed
Tuesday - Closed
Wednesday – Closed
Thursday – 11:00am – 4:00pm
Friday – 11:00am – 4:00pm
Saturday – 11:00am – 4:00pm
Sunday – 11:00am – 4:00pm
McMillers Sweets Emporium is located in Waltham
Waltham is a large village and civil parish in North East Lincolnshire. It is 4 miles south of Grimsby close to the suburb of Scartho and to the smaller villages of Brigsley, Barnoldby-le-Beck and Holton le Clay. Less than 2 miles to the east-north-east is the village of New Waltham. In the 2001 census, Waltham had a population of 6,420.
The business is only 4 miles from Cleethorpes, which is a very popular holiday resort destination.
The business is located at Waltham Windmill. The windmill was originally built in 1666 but was blown down several times. It was last re-built in 1873.
The village has three public houses, The Kings Head, The Tilted Barrel and the Tea Gardens.
McMillers Sweets Emporium is beautifully presented and maintained with clear visible signage and distinctive livery. There is ample free parking close to the premises.
The business is beautifully presented with a pleasing traditional style and fastidiously maintained. The premises briefly comprise a shop within a single storey, brick built building with pitched, pan tiled roof. Windows and a glazed door creating a light airy and inviting interior, slate effect flooring, Led lighting, perimeter shelving with sweet jars (approximately 600), bespoke wooden display cabinets and glass topped ice cream freezer.
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis, with 5 years remaining on the 15 year lease. The rent is £1,800 per annum.