Extremely well known sports retailer for sale
Please quote reference B06366
Hilton Smythe is delighted to present to the market Adrenalin Sport, a successful and extremely well known independent sports retailer established in 1998.
The family run business is renowned for Tennis and Cricket in the summer, Running/Fitness, Football, Hockey and Rugby in the winter.
- Fitness- From yoga mats, resistance loops & bands, Pilates balls & ropes, gym bars, aerobic steps, tread rollers, push up bars, massage sticks & balls and more.
- Running - From men’s, ladies and kids trainers, clothing, joint supports, Aftershokz, LED LENSOR, tapes & water bottles.
- Outdoor - From swingball, badminton sets, training goals, netball posts, vortex aero howler, flying disks.
- Hockey - Junior/senior sticks, pads, gloves, face masks & footwear.
- Football - Junior/senior balls, pads, boots, gloves, boot bags, tape & studs.
- Rugby - Balls, protective headgear, socks, footwear, thermal gloves, mouthguards.
- Tennis - Junior/senior rackets, balls, footwear, gloves, tape, table tennis bats & balls.
The business offers a comprehensive racket stringing service, with expert knowledge of string and tensions which can be carried out by the staff while customers wait.
Brands available within the store include -
- Asics, Superdry, McKinley, Nike, Brooks, STX, aero, PUMA, FOX
- Salomon, Poivre Blanc, Optimum, Aqua Sphere, Dunlop, speedo
- Reusch, SHOCK DOCTOR, 02 COOL, MASURI, Prince, Run on clouds
- GM, HEAD, new balance, NERF, opro, Grays, GILBERT, SHOCK ABSORBER
- Tretorn, adidas, SALIX, SISU, SALAMANDER, Thorios, Tecnifibre, MASURI
- Mercian, THE MAD GROUP, Wilson, canterbury, UNDER ARMOUR , Butterfly
- Ad Tennis Parkside, Avorians Tennis, Bagshot tennis club
- David Lloyds Woking, Fox hills Country Club, Oxshott village Sports Club
- Pavilion Club Molesey, Reeds Tennis Academy, Reeds Tennis School
- Reeds School, St Georges College, Sutton LTC
- ACS International School
- Parkside School, Reeds School
- Royal Kent School
- New lease will be offered (10 years minimum)
- Business website
- Facebook – 245 followers
- Instagram – 1,703 followers
- Well regarded local business enjoying an increase local support though and since the Covid pandemic
- Strong relationships with business associates in the sports trade
- Members of the AIS (Associated Independent Stores)
- Close relationships with local schools, tennis clubs, coaches
- Offer niche brands such as SALAMANDER for cricket
- Excellent customer service & sporting knowledge
- Loyal & well trained team in place
- Full business handover offered
- Further grow online presence to incorporate a full customer ordering facility
- Add more schools to current list
- Add school uniforms to stock range
- Add in-house embroidery
We are advised as per the 2020 accounts, the business generated a turnover in the region of £755,000, with an adjusted net profit in the region of £47,000. Full financials can be made available upon further request.
Please quote reference B06366
We are advised that the business has 2 full-time, 1 part-time and 5 weekend students who also work holidays.
The business hours are -
Monday – 9:00am – 5:30pm
Tuesday – 9:00am – 5:30pm
Wednesday – 9:00am – 5:30pm
Thursday – 9:00am – 5:30pm
Friday – 9:00am – 5:30pm
Saturday – 9:00am – 5:30pm
Sunday – 10:00am – 4:00pm
Adrenalin Sport occupies a highly visible trading position on the High Street in Cobham, Surrey.
The Cobham High Street is a very busy village within the borough of Elmbridge in Surrey and offers an excellent choice of High Street brands such as Caffe Nero, Santander, Boots, Starbucks, Sainsbury's local, Waitrose, Barclays, Robert Dyas as well as many local independent retailers, estate agents. The business also benefits from being located directly next door to the main Post Office.
Cobham is a very desirable village, located 17 miles south-west of London and 10 miles northeast of Guildford on the River Mode.
Cobham is located close to junction 10 on the M25 orbital road and the A3 the main road out of London to Guildford and with these great travel links Adrenalins catchment area extends to most of the county.
It is an affluent area with St Georges Hill and The Oxshott Crown Estate on its doorstep. Cobham has a significant number of private schools at which Adrenalin has a reputation for being a one stop shop for all their sporting needs.
There is a large pay and display car park directly across from the store.
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis, with a new lease to be offered to the new buyer. The rent is £5,500 per month and the rates are £27,000 per annum.