Garden Centre Business With Excellent Reputation
- Asking Price: £400,000 +SAV
The business reported a turnover of £154,000 with good gross & net profit levels. For further information quote reference B05798.
- Tenure: Freehold
Please Quote Reference B05798
Hilton Smythe welcomes to the market an exciting opportunity to acquire (on a Freehold only basis) an exceptionally well run and performing, garden centre business with an excellent reputation along with a strong and consistent brand that also includes a very well presented, modern detached 3/4 bedroom house all set in 1.71 acres of private land.
The business has only now come to the open market as it’s our clients desire to take well-earned retirement after many successful years of trading.
The business has been under the careful and meticulous ownership of our client for the last 22 years, and who have grown the business year on year to an impressive level. Loch-Hills Plant Centre is renowned for its quality plants, shrubs, seeds, bulbs, hanging baskets, Christmas trees, poultry feed and wild bird food and general gardening supplies, all leading to a fantastic amount of repeat and referral business.
The business is extremely well presented, with a lot of thought gone into layout and use of the garden centre. It benefits from having a main shop area with modern service counter, large heated glass house with propagation system in addition to the 5 well-presented commercial Poly tunnels used for growing during the season, along with further various useful out buildings and large car park area located to the front.
We feel there is tremendous scope to increase turnover, with the introduction of a dedicated website to help promote the business, along with undertaking in a robust marketing campaign to generate further sales. Due to the size and layout of the land, there is potential to introduce a café, along with increasing some of the lines currently stocked along with extended opening hours during the summer months.
A tremendous opportunity to own this “turnkey” business, and early enquiries must come highly recommended to avoid disappointment.
The business is run and managed by the current owner with 2 casual staff members.
Monday – Sunday: 10.00 – 17.00
The business is in an idyllic countryside setting just off the main A948, some 3 miles from the popular Aberdeenshire town of Ellon, and benefits from being surrounded by traditional farmland.
The town of Ellon is itself a thriving country town on the banks of the River Ythan situated midway between Aberdeen and Peterhead and only 15 miles from Aberdeen Airport. The town is well serviced in terms of local amenities with ample shopping, sports and recreational facilities.
Ellon also has a good academic reputation with three Primary Schools and an Academy and is well placed for the commuter with good road networks to the main city of Aberdeen & Peterhead.
- Modern Shop building with service counter, various racking /shelving & ample storage and impressive glass house that benefits from being heated along with a propagation system.
- 5 Commercial Poly tunnels all in good condition.
- Log cabin.
- Main outdoor sales area with various display stands.
- Linde forklift truck.
- Car park area.
- Poultry area.
- Sheep pen.
- CCTV & Alarm System.
- Various industry equipment.
Well-appointed detached villa, that has been tastefully extended and comprising:
- Ground Floor - Lounge, sunroom, dining kitchen, dining room, 3 bedrooms with 1 en-suite, family bathroom, ample storage.
- Upper Floor - Large converted attic space, currently used as office area, could be used as potential guest suite.
- External - Generous garden grounds on all sides of the property, separate gated access from roadside, garage & various outbuildings, pond area.
- Services - Oil fired central heating and private water supply.