High rated Food Truck business with a secured pitch at Glastonbury 2022 for sale
- Asking Price: £94,950 +SAV
We are advised as per the 2019 accounts, the business generated a turnover in the region of £160,000, with an adjusted net profit in the region of £75,000. Full financials can be made available upon further request.
Please quote reference B06723
- Tenure: Business Only
Please quote reference B06723
Hilton Smythe is delighted to welcome to the market The Fryer Engine, a unique festival catering company with a super quirky and eye-catching rig which includes the amazing 1975 fire engine known as Bella. The business was established by our client in 2016, only now does the business come to the market as our client looks towards another career path.
The current menu consists of specialty meats and their famous battered chips and toppings. The Fryer Engine has received a good amount of publicity and organic advertising with the food and market traders featuring Bella on the front page of Glastonbury's website in 2019.
The business has also traded at Quex Fireworks, and has advised to take over £3,500 in 4 hours. The unit is capable of producing 200 portions of chips in 1 hour.
The business attended several festivals including Wilderness, Electric Picnic, Neverworld, Underneath the stars, Shemomedjamo, Harlequin Fayre, Willowman, Bespoke VDubs, Lakefest, Rewind, Carfest, Teddy Rocks, Irlam Live, WEAREFSTVL, Geronimo, Acoustic Festival, The long road, Meraki, A new day, Towersey & Sausage and Cider.
The business would also be suitable for private hire.
Since establishment our client has built up an excellent reputation with the google reviews including comments stating ‘We have tried a couple of different options from the menu so far. All very tasty and well worth trying. The chips taste fab and make a real change. We will be back soon fryer engine’ and ‘Lovely chips and beef, in fact I would say the best chips I've ever had’ Our client is offering a handover period to ensure the continued success of the business. The company website and very active social media pages are included in the sale.
The trailer marries up next to the fryer engine, making it easy to step into and out. Both are off the ground which avoids working in the mud, especially at events like Glastonbury.
The fire truck ‘Bella’ has very low mileage with only 25,000 since new. She is also run on waste rapeseed oil from the fryers, saving thousands per year. A custom made intercooler was fitted in 2019 which contributes to the power, including a Tubular manifold and stainless steel exhaust system.
The business gains excellent one reviews, with the below review one of many;
- "These guys couldn't have been more professional. Their hygiene was second to none (in fact, our health and safety officer commented that it was one of the most well laid out, clean and functional food vans he had seen in a long time) PLUS their food was absolutely fantastic. The Fryer Engine itself looks incredible, a real eye catcher and we cannot wait to have them back at Underneath the Stars Festival!"
- Handover period offered
- 5 star Hygiene awarded 18/10/2023
- New EICR, GAS, PAT and Fire Extinguisher certificates ready for Applications for 2023 Season
- 5 star Reputation
- Turnkey business - Fully fitted with equipment included within the sale
1975 Vintage Mercedes-Benz Kurzhauber Fire Engine catering truck (25,000 from new)
- 4 x 22.5kw fryers
- Large extraction canopy with fans
- Gas interlock system
- Chip scuttle
- Zebrano worktops
- 4 pot Bain marie
- Stainless steel hand wash basin with low amp electric water heater
- Custom built fridge 3m long
- Til system with battery backup
- Counter cache note safe
- Stainless steel soap and hand towel dispensers
- 3kw inverter – total of 900-amp hours of battery storage
- 120amo 24v battery charger
- Spare alternator and starter motor
- Bold chipper
- Bold Potato Rumbler 56kg
- LPG Burco water boiler and washing station
- Stainless steel worktops
- Stainless steel fridge
- 6 pan LPG Bain marie
- Bold batter mixer
- Large stainless steel freezer
We are advised that the business is owner run and managed, with the help of part-time when needed.
We are advised that the business trades 24/7.
The business is fully relocatable – storage required
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Business Only basis.