Highly rated Award Winning Cafe & Bistro for sale
- Asking Price: £139,995 +SAV
We are advised as per the 2020-2021 accounts, the business generated a turnover in the region of £142,000. Further financials can be made available upon request.
Please quote reference B06988
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B06988
Hilton Smythe is delighted to present to the market Perch & Co, an exceptionally well presented cafe bistro which established itself in this vibrant village just over 6 years ago.
Perch & Co is an independent award winning healthy and delicious bistro, coffee shop, bar and caterer which is renowned for its fresh menu offering both Persian/Mediterranean food along with British classics served with their own twist! There is an extensive food/drinks menu available to enjoy both inside or to takeaway as well as a popular line of artisan groceries and wines.
All food is made fresh to order and includes a great choice of vegan, vegetarian and meaty dishes to appeal to all tastes!
Perch & Co currently offer breakfast, all day brunch, daily/weekly specials & quesadillas.
All ingredients are sourced locally where possible - eggs/milk delivered from local farms and meat supplied by the local butcher.
As you can see from the business photographs attached, the delightful cafe space offers a distinct rustic warm feel from the vintage crockery it uses to present both food/drinks to the handwritten labels and jam jars for their juices.
In addition to their ever changing food menu, there is an extensive choice barista made coffees, smoothies, fruit juices and teas to delicious wines, beers and seasonal cocktails.
Our clients have introduced live music evening events, comedy nights and spectacular jazz performances (every last Friday of the month) to complement the core daytime trade.
Our clients can also offer the ‘Perch & Co’ experience to enjoy at your own home or workplaces with an external catering menu now available.
Key selling points -
- Financial Times "Best Independent Coffee Shops in the World 2022" featured in
- Winner Café of the Year Hertfordshire – Prestige Awards 2022
- Voted Best Independent Family Owned Cafe & Bistro Hertfordshire - Hospitality Awards 2021
- Finalist - SME Hertfordshire Business Awards 2021
- Winner – TripAdvisor Travellers Choice Award 2020
- Alcohol licence in place from midday to 11.30pm
- Business website included
- Google reviews - 4.8/5 customer score
- Instagram page - over 2,200 followers
- Facebook page - over 1,700 followers with a 4.8/5 customer review score
- Destination business
- Located in within a large residential area
- Extremely close proximity to Metropolitan Underground tube station
- Very loyal customer base - high end demographic
- £14.82 average customer sale amount
- Opportunity to increase sales turnover
- New 10 year lease in place
- First floor accommodation included - currently creating rental income
- Rear storage included - currently creating rental income of £495 per month
- First floor flat included - currently creating a rental income of £950 per month
- Full business handover offered
Further growth opportunity -
- Increase local deliveries
- Increase the outside catering side of the business
- Add a permanent evening bistro menu
- Extend the current opening hours
We are advised that the business has 3 full-time and 1 part-time members of staff.
The business hours are -
Monday – Closed
Tuesday – 9:00am to 4:00pm
Wednesday – 9:00am to 4:00pm
Thursday – 9:00am to 4:00pm
Friday – 9:00am to 4:00pm
Saturday – 9:00am to 4:00pm
Sunday – 9:00am to 4:00pm
Perch & Co occupies a much sought after trading position in Croxley Green, Rickmansworth.
The business sits at the top of a very busy parade of community focused businesses which include a dental clinic, opticians, post office/newsagents, hair & beauty salons, estate agents as well several other cafes/pubs / bars. The location is also the main thoroughfare of commuters and leisure visits travelling from Rickmansworth and surrounding areas to Watford.
The parade enjoys a consistent footfall throughout the day and night due to its very close proximity to Croxley Metropolitan underground station and the large desirable residential areas which surround it.
Croxley Green is both a village and suburb of Rickmansworth in Hertfordshire located on the A412 between Watford to the northeast and Rickmansworth to the southwest.
Croxley Green is a very desirable community location which is just 20 miles northwest of central London.
There is a main bus stop located directly outside.
There is ample parking in a public car park opposite Perch & Co, with plenty of on-street parking on Watford Road as well as in the adjacent streets.
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis, with 10 years remaining on the 10 year lease (new lease just signed in May 2022). The rent is £1,775 per month.