Highly rated Babies Accessories business for sale
- Asking Price: £61,000 +SAV
We are advised as per the 2021 accounts, the business generated a turnover in the region of £176,000. Full financials can be made available upon further request.
Please quote reference B06783
- Tenure: Business Only
Please quote reference B06783
Hilton Smythe is delighted to present to the market a very desirable on-line, fully branded business opportunity with significant growth potential.
Cotswold Baby Co. was established by our clients 5 years ago, who have invested heavily into both the creation of the business, the excellent online presence and their own trademark.
The co-founders (both loving mums and friends) wanted to create a new range of gifts, toys and clothes that celebrated the much loved theme of the British countryside, animals and farming.
They designed recognisable characters which could be featured across the ranges, including their adorable mascot ‘Bertie the Fox Cub', who appears on many products along with his friends. They created 'Bertie's Den', an enchanting wood, nestled between a town and a farm, which provides habitats to Bertie, his little acorn side-kick ‘Woody’ and all their friends. This creative space provides blogs and resources, all designed to spark customer's little cub’s imagination and encourage outdoor adventures
- A broad range of products for new babies and children aged 0-5 from clothing to accessories, toys, books and gifts
- Great working relationships with 16 suppliers (including 3 drop ship brands)
- Development of their own brand range with an international manufacturer to expand into wholesale market (offers a higher profit margin)
- Focus selling carefully curated gift sets featuring products from different suppliers
- Set up as a multi-channel retailer
- Own website (with online ordering facility)
- Use the shopify platform - invested in add on apps to cross sell and enhance the customer experience as well worked with SEO experts to ensure slick customer journey
- Recently launched (Dec 2021) on Friends of Joules
- Recently launched (Feb 2022) on Not on the high street
- Recently launched (Feb 2022) on Faire (wholesale trading platform)
- Launched their own wholesale collection in October (currently stocked in 4 shops, with huge potential to grow this into farm shops/farm parks etc.)
- Country/Xmas shows
- A strong social media following of 16,000 Facebook followers, and 11,000 Instagram followers
- Use of Klaviyo email platform, with 10,500 subscribers and a 30% click through rate and ROAS
- ‘Google ads’ and google analytics (managed by external consultant)
- Set up for day to day stock and order management
- All stock delivered to and orders fulfilled from a fulfilment centre -all orders are picked, hand wrapped, packed and despatched, and customers can choose to add on gift boxes, cards and personal messages
- The multi-channel platforms are supported by the fulfilment centre software (Stock systems sync with the fulfilment centre software to allow great accuracy)
- Efficiently managed by an ‘E-com’ expert
- Competitive shipping rates
- Invested significantly in working with a creative branding agency in summer 2021, to refresh their website and media assets
- All packaging is fully branded with eco credentials
- A new 'Bertie's Den' area for customers to find resources and blog content (all to drive engagement)
- Online customer conversion 3.2%
- Average of 11,000 web visitors per month
- Average transaction value £30
- Repeat customer rate 23%
- Increase level of online advertising
- Increase own branded (trademarked) Wholesale range
- Further investment
- Increase ‘Gifting’ range (higher profit levels)
- Ideal ‘bolt-on’ acquisition
- Opportunity for international sales
- Increase awareness (by attending more Country/Xmas shows)
The highly desirable opportunity is now being made available for sale due to the growth of our clients' young family who are looking to relocate. We recommend early enquiry to avoid disappointment.
We are advised that the business is run and managed by both owners.
The business trades 24/7 through their online platforms.
The Cotswold Baby Company is currently run from our clients home offices based in Gloucestershire.
The exciting business is being sold as a ‘Business Only’ opportunity, allowing the full transfer to any other part of the country.
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Business-Only basis.