Highly Rated Bar And Thai Restaurant For Sale
- Asking Price: £34,995 +SAV
We are advised as per the 2021 accounts, the business generated a turnover in the region of £56,000. Full financials can be made available upon further request.
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B07139
Hilton Smythe are delighted to welcome to the market London Road Ale House, a highly rated Bar and Thai restaurant located in Stoke-on-Trent.
London Road Ale House was originally established in 2017, before our client took over in 2020. During the many years of operation, the business has built up an excellent reputation.
London Road Ale House has now come to the open market due to ill health.
The business has built up an excellent reputation in the area.
Business Activities -
- Independent bar – serving Craft Ales, Ciders, Wines, Beers & Lagers
- Thai Kitchen – serving traditional Thai menu to enjoy inside or takeaway
- Snack menu – homemade Baps
- Sales split – 65-70% wet and 30-35% food
- Featured in the Camra Good Beer Guide
- Free of ties
- Zero business rates
- Licensed from 10.30am to 10.30pm (7 days a week)
- New commercial kitchen installed 2 years ago (costing £15,000)
- Large first floor area currently being used for storage - further business or residential use potential
- Unused yard to the rear of the property – outside seating potential
- More ‘hands on’ hours worked by any new owner
- Increasing kitchen orders through new promotion and more deliveries
- Extend the current opening hours
- More inhouse events/community involved evenings
- Large commercial kitchen could be used for any menu option (ideal for any new owner looking to increase the food delivery side of the business)
We are advised that the business is run and managed by our client, with the help of 2 part time members of staff.
The current trading hours are -
Monday - Closed
Tuesday – 4:00pm to 10:30pm
Wednesday – 4:00pm to 10:30pm
Thursday – 4:00pm to 10:30pm
Friday – 4:00pm to 10:30pm
Saturday – 12:00pm to 10:30pm
Sunday - Closed
London Road Ale House is located on a very busy road in Stoke-on-Trent.
The businesses has eye catching signage and receives high levels of footfall and passing trade.
Bar sits centrally to a great choice of other independent businesses as well a large number of traditional homes, new apartments within walking distance.
Ground floor -
- Pub (Ground floor, first building) – seating for 60 people
- Customer toilet x 3
- Staff toilet x 1
- Cellar room x 1
- Storage room x 2
- Kitchen (Ground floor, second building)
We are advised that the business is being sold on a leasehold basis, with the 5 year lease about to expire. The rent is £589 per month.
A new buyer could look at negotiating a new lease.