Highly rated Cakeshop In West Yorkshire for sale
Elland, West Yorkshire
- Asking Price: £40,000 +SAV
We are advised that the business generates a turnover in the region of £72,000. Full financials can be made available upon further request.
Please quote reference B06717
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B06717
Hilton Smythe welcomes to the market, L & Mighty The Cakeshop.
L & Mighty The Cakeshop was founded by the current owner approximately 7 years ago starting in his kitchen at home. This family orientated business has been a real labour of love for him and has been built with the help of his wife, mother, brother and grandmother. Such was the success of the home based enterprise that 3 years ago the shop / café was opened and it has proved popular in the area accruing many regular customers and a fantastic reputation.
The business is now being sold only because of a wish to pursue a change of direction. The vendor is keen to see his beloved Cake shop/ café / sandwich shop / ice cream parlour passed to an ambitious and entrepreneurial new owner who can take this already thriving business to the next level.
The business is predominantly run from the back and its where all produce is produced and it is where its all profited from. There is scope to open up the business from the front with the seating area, cash register and display fridge/freezer, but he work is all carried out in the back.
L & Mighty The Cakeshop sells an impressive range of cakes that are lovingly baked on the premises using the very best ingredients such as;
- Red Velvet Cakes
- Victoria Sponges
- Carrot Cakes
- Banoffee Pie
- Chocolate Fudge Cake
- Black Forest Gateau
- Walnut Cake
- Vanilla Slices
- Chocolate Chip and Shortbread Cookies
- Chocolate Cakes
The sale of the business includes the following -
- All fixtures and fittings
- Full extraction system with stainless steel canopy
- 6 tray convection oven
- 2 tray convection oven
- Commercial stand mixers
- Hand held mixers
- Good quality crockery and cutlery
- All cooking utensils, baking trays etc
- 4 chest freezers
- 5 sinks
- Ice cream freezer
- American style fridge freezer with double doors
- 2 serve over counters
- All tables and chairs
- Walk-in chiller
- “Thank you for the cookies Wow they were delicious, my support worker will be calling very soon for more cake, I can’t wait. Thank you xxx”
- “Bought some cakes on Friday they were delicious. Lovely friendly staff”
- Advertising and marketing campaign, sales are currently coming from word of mouth and referrals
- Start outside catering for parties and special events etc
- Maximise the use of social media particularly Twitter and Instagram
- Website ideally with a gallery and an e commerce facility
- Extend the opening perhaps for breakfasts or as a bistro in the evenings
- Explore online voucher discounters such as Wowcher, Groupon and taste card.
- A well-established business with an enviable reputation and many existing customers
- All fixtures and fittings included making this a real Turnkey business opportunity
- Ideal owner managed or partnership business
- Low running costs with inexpensive rent and no business
- Current owner happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success
- Perfect for an amateur baker looking for their first foray into self-employment.
This lovely little business is likely to attract considerable interest.
We are advised that the business is run and managed by the owner, with the help of his family.
The business trading hours are as followed, however the business almost runs 24/7 due to the work in the back of the property. Preparing and Dispatching orders usually take place on Sunday & Mondays depending on how busy the business is that week. Filling and Decorating take place on Tuesday & Wednesday. On Thursday, the business portions the cakes and makes the last touches to the baked goods to make them ready for deliveries on Friday & Saturday. The new business venture to open sandwiches also takes place on Thursday where they currently prepare, decorate and pack them.
Follow the links below to see further images:
Monday – 10:00 – 17:00
Tuesday – 10:00 – 17:00
Wednesday – 10:00 – 17:00
Thursday – 10:00 – 17:00
Friday – 10:00 – 17:00
Saturday – 10:00 – 17:00
Sunday - Closed
L & Mighty The Cakeshop is located in Elland.
Elland is a market town in Calderdale in West Yorkshire. It is situated south of Halifax by the River Calder. It has a population in 2001 of 14,554 with the ward being measured at 11,676 in the 2011 census.
The A643 road begins in Leeds and ended in Elland. It passes Leeds United AFC’s football Ground Elland Road. It now ends at Junction 23 of the M62 motorway.
L & Mighty The Cakeshop occupies a main road position and sits alongside other complimentary retail businesses in a mainly residential area and thus benefits from good levels of footfall.
The business is nicely presented with a pleasing artisan feel. The business is well signed with distinctive pink and blue livery.
There is free on street parking in the roads and streets surrounding the premises.
The business occupies generous premises ideally suited to the trade with a shop / café on ground floor with preparation area / wash up area, window display, 5 tables with seating, Dixon’s Ice Cream freezer, separate equipment kitchen, hallway, walk in chiller.
There is also a useful basement that incorporates a generous storage room to front and further preparation area to rear.
Externally there is a rear yard with an allocated parking area.
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis, with the rent at £4,200 per annum. With the current lease due to expire in February 2022, we are advised that the landlord would be happy to agree a mutually acceptable lease with the new owner.