Highly Rated E-commerce Business For Sale
Consett, County Durham
- Asking Price: £34,995 +SAV
We are advised the business generated a turnover of circa £120,000 as of 2020, further financial information can be made available upon request.
Please quote reference B06593
- Tenure: Business Only
Please quote reference B06593
Hilton Smythe is delighted to present to the market a very well established and highly regarded online retailer with excellent supplier relationships with both Amazon and eBay.
Blue Fish Shop was established by our client in 2008 and is now being made available for sale due to retirement.
The ‘turn-key’ business opportunity can be sold as a Business Only sale or can continue using the desirable council owned leased unit in Consett.
Blue Fish Shop supplies a wide range of high quality, affordable products for both personal use and in and around the home. Many of the items help make life a little easier and many of the products are unique to them, making the desirability of the business stand out.
Our clients emphasis is on sourcing original products from both the UK and the Far East with a small number of lines from clearance stock suppliers.
Part of the key selling points of this business opportunity is the well-researched product range which will be handed over to any new owner.
As you can see from the attached business photos, the choice of products is wide and some of the best sellers include -
- A talking watch
- Ladies bra liner
- Anti-leak spray
- Glasses anti mist spray
- Anti-slip mat
- Hello Kitty
Our client decided to partner with the worldwide supply/delivery giant Amazon many years ago and now supplies products to both customers directly as well as bulk supplying to the Amazon depot for ‘Amazon Prime’ orders.
Other advertising/delivery platforms include eBay, alibaba.com and OnBuy.com.
Our clients have not focused on their own website due to the steady volumes achieved from the above delivery partners.
We advise any new owner to both invest in the development of the Blue Fish Shop website as well as the many social media platforms available to help grow the organic sales revenue side of the business model.
As you can see from the business photos, many of the products are sourced branded items bought from a third party to sell directly to customers. Our client has built up excellent relationships with some direct worldwide suppliers/manufacturers which have the ability to make and supply their own branded items which could offer a new revenue stream for any new business buyer.
Deliveries are currently handled by Royal Mail, Hermes, UPS and Amazon Prime.
Key selling points -
- Excellent customer feedback on both Amazon and eBay
- 30-40% of sales coming from their Amazon account
- Run to suit
- Excellent relationship with both UK and Far East suppliers
- Council owned rolling leased unit available (with only 30% of the available space being used)
- Desirable ‘run from home; business model
- Full business handover offered
- Opportunity to significantly grow sales (previous sales achieved in excess of £200,000 per year)
- Part of the UK online boom industry
- Ideal ‘bolt-on’ business acquisition
- Could be fully run from home (rent saving of £348 pcm)
- Attend the many UK National trade shows
- Develop social media following
- Supply local and national retailers
- Attend local markets, car boot and craft fairs
- Increase current stock levels
- Increase current product range
Assets included -
- Storage shelving units
- Shrink wrapping machine (ideal for splitting down larger packs and general product presentation
- Versatile packing table (with various tape guns, pallet wraps, kraft paper etc.)
The business is run and managed by our clients.
The business run 24/7 through the online ordering platforms.
Blue Fish Shop (Ltd) is currently run between from clients home office with the added benefit of a large storage unit located in a very desirable part of Consett.
The well-established on-line business opportunity can either be sold as a ‘Business Only’ allowing the business to be transferred to an alternative part of the country however the excellent rental agreement in place for the unit may also attract those looking to either expand this business or add any similar operation.
Derwentside Business Centre offers fully serviced office and storage space just outside of Consett.
The business park is located moments from the A693, the A692 and within easy reach of the A1(M) which allows excellent transport links to the North East and wider UK.
In addition, the semi-rural location means a business can enjoy the tranquillity of the countryside with shorter travelling times and value for money rental rates.
The council owned unit is let on a monthly rolling agreement -
- 150m2 storage unit with office space with staff toilet facilities
- Shared kitchen area
- Dedicated meeting room
- Post room facility
- Can accept pallet deliveries (up to 3 pallets in one go)
- Fully staffed reception area
- Fully alarmed site which is also patrolled/monitored 24/7 by a security company
However, the council owned unit is let on a monthly rolling agreement.