Highly rated Garden Room Designing and Installation business for sale
- Asking Price: £99,950 +SAV
We are advised as per the 2022 accounts, the business generated a turnover in the region of £250,000, with an adjusted net profit in the region of £73,000. Full financials can be made available upon further request.
Please quote reference B06661
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B06661
Hilton Smythe is delighted to present to the market a highly profitable and in demand garden room, garden office and garden studio installation business.
The business was established by our client in 2013, who after careful consideration has decided to now sell the business to allow its further growth.
They offer a complete design, construction and installation of a large choice Western Red Cedar Garden Rooms, Black Siberian Larch Garden Rooms, Siberian Larch Garden Rooms and Composite Cladding Garden Rooms.
As many professionals still have the opportunity to work from home, having the ability to have a designated space away from the noise of the main house has resulted in a significant growth. Our client has consistent forward orders between £70,000 - £120,000.
What makes them unique?
- Installation - class leading levels of thermal performance for all round use
- Electrical connection - full connection to the home supply included in price
- Downlights - recessed LED downlights fitted as standard
- Plaster finished - full plaster skin to walls and ceiling
- Contemporary - modern designs and optional features
Our client invested heavily in the content of the fully developed website with the main assets being in the gallery, the developed 3D online configurator tool and online presence providing credibility. This allows customers to specify and design their ideal space with live pricing and submit it for review. This is becoming a must have as more garden room companies add these to their site, great for engagement and works great for office use when providing quotations or quick estimates.
Due to other business interests, our client only spends between 8-9 months of his time on running this business, any new owner could simply increase the time spent to instantly grow the number of orders and turnover.
Our client runs the business himself with the help of a small team of experienced self-employed plasterers and electricians who he has used over the last 3-4 years.
Key selling points -
- 5 star google reviews
- Fully developed website (valued at £20-30,000)
- Large google remarketing list (15,000) built up over the years (This allows visual pay per click ads to target only consumers who have visited the website previously, so hold a potential interest)
- Local SEO, business ranks high for local search terms and local maps. Site ranks high for some high volume national google searches. With a fledgling backlink profile but some from key sites such as Wikipedia and the BBC
- Average website visitors 1,800 per month (at peak achieved 4,000 per month)
- 200 plus collected contact details in the last year that can be used for marketing purposes.
- Business owns some high value and potentially interesting domains including - www.gardenroomslondon.co.uk. (which could instantly increase new orders in the area)
- Regular work through recommendations and referrals
- 160 square meter workshop available (rent of only £402 pcm with nil business rates payable). Located in the affluent Cheshire county.
- Full list of equipment to be included
- Featured business in the ‘Times on Sunday’
- Name trademark application in progress
Further growth potential -
- The business can be sold with the existing unit/location however there is significantly more demand in the South London area which would allow further growth in this affluent area.
- Growth through local advertising, further developing local/national SEO and paid PPC online advertising would be straightforward and allow quick scaling of the business.
- Currently owner operated ( a lifestyle business allowing 3-4 months away from the business)
- Opportunity to change the construction methods to fit with a more profitable model, existing skill set and/or adopt standard models and move away from custom designs.
Early enquiry advised to avoid disappointment.
We are advised that the business is owner run and managed.
The business hours are -
Monday - 9:00am – 5:00pm
Tuesday - 9:00am – 5:00pm
Wednesday - 9:00am – 5:00pm
Thursday - 9:00am – 5:00pm
Friday - 9:00am – 5:00pm
Saturday - Closed
Sunday - Closed
The business is currently run from a flexible business unit in Cheshire.
The business is being sold as a fully transferable opportunity as their customers are located across the country.
We are informed a large proportion of work is carried out in London, the South East and Cheshire areas, mainly due to the demographic level of their customers.
Our client currently uses a 160 square metre unit which is let on a casual monthly arrangement.
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Leasehold bsas, with the business currently renting a small unit.