Highly Rated Multi Site Escape Room Business For Sale
- Asking Price: £799,950 +SAV
We are advised as per the 2022 accounts, the businesses generated a turnover in the region of £960,000. Further financials can be made available upon request.
Please quote reference B07061
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B07061
Hilton Smythe is delighted to present to the market live action escape rooms businesses – one of the country’s most well established and successful business opportunities.
The ‘Turn-key’ multi-site operation was established in 2016 and is now being offered for sale to allows our clients to concentrate on other business interests not in this sector/location.
An escape room, also known as an escape game, puzzle room, or exit game is a game in which a team of players discover clues, solve puzzles and accomplish tasks in one or more rooms in order to accomplish a specific goal in a limited amount of time.
The main goal is to simply escape the site of the game!
As with many face to face gaming businesses, the Covid pandemic significantly affected this sector however the businesses have bounced back with a combined annual turnover in the region of £1M with an adjusted net profit of £270,000!
We are advised the first quarter of the new year is already showing a significant increase with the full year forecast predicting a 10-20% uplift!
The 3 sites include 15 running rooms and further 2 new rooms being built (in operation within 2 months), all which have their own unique appeal and interest.
The rooms are constantly refurbished and refreshed to keep the thousands of escape room fans coming back for more excitement!
Escape Rooms – attracts both friends, families and young professionals and is particularly popular for corporate team building. Each of the 3 venues can be completely hired for individual companies – the conditions of the live escape game encourage colleagues to interact with one another and express themselves in a way in which they would be less likely to in the workplace.
Key selling points –
- Fully staffed operation (with GM managing the 3 included sites)
- 3 x highly desirable locations
- High profit business model
- Minimal director involvement
- Fully equipped – including individual website & Facebook pages
- Online booking facility
- Excellent customer reviews – GOOGLE 4.75/5 score from over 909 reviews, TripAdvisor 5 star rated from over 1885 reviews, Facebook – 5-star review score
- Voted within Top 10 of fun & games around the London area
- 15 different rooms available, plus 2 new different rooms.
- Opportunity for further growth
Further growth opportunity –
- Invest more time in business development/advertising
- Increased social media presence – including TIK TOK
- Add new games more often
- Add further venues
A full breakdown on all the assets/equiptment included in the sale can be made available upon further request.
We are advised that the business has 10 full-time and 4-6 part-time staff members.
The business hours are -
Monday to Sunday - 10:00am - 10:00pm
The business occupies 3 city centre sites.
Further information about the locations can be made available.
- Layout For site 1 - Main Lobby, Leads to 4 escape rooms, with 1 toilet and 2 storage spaces, Fire Exit at the back of venue.
- Layout For site 2 - Ground floor Main Entrance Lobby which has doors to 3 different escape rooms, 3 toilets and storage. Basement entrance door leading to the middle of the Lobby has 3 doors to 3 different escape rooms, 1 toilet door, kitchenette, storage and control room.
- Layout for site 3 – 3rd floor, main reception area, 4 different escape rooms to the left, 2 escape rooms to the right, storage, kitchen area at the back & toilet facilities in the communal area.
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis, with 3 years remaining on the lease for site 3, 12 years remaining for site 2 and a new 7 year lease for site 1. The combined rent for all 3 units is £10,000 per month.