Highly rated Plant, Gift and Accessories business for sale
- Asking Price: £20,000 +SAV
Full financials can be made available upon further request.
Please quote reference B06588
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B06588
Hilton Smythe is delighted to welcome to the market this popular and busy plant, gift and accessories shop which is superbly situated in the increasingly sought after and salubrious area of Wapping Wharf in Bristol.
Bush Bristol was founded by the current owner when she identified a gap in the market. The business has been a real labour of love for her accruing a fantastic reputation along with an impressive number of regular customers.
This lovely business is now being sold, albeit reluctantly and with a heavy heart only due to the vendors recent move to Devon. She is keen to see her beloved plant company pass to an ambitious and entrepreneurial new owner(s) who can take this already thriving business to the next level.
Bush Bristol sells a range of house plants and dried flowers along with a range of accessories including;
- Plant foods
- Plant pot scrubbing brushes
- Watering cans
- Plant stakes
- Secateurs and sharpening stones
- Plant soils and peats
The sale will include the company website (bushbristol.co.uk) and Facebook and the business enjoys great visibility on the internet.
Scope to improve -
- Advertising and marketing campaign
- Update the existing website
- Introduce a Click and Collect service, there is a big demand for this
- Add an e-commerce facility to the business, this will prove especially lucrative
- Consider a loyalty card / scheme
- Explore online voucher discounters such as Wowcher and Groupon
- Re-introduce floristry – Create ‘’grab & go’’ bouquets for the 7000k commuters each week, which pass through Wapping Wharf.
- Opportunity to offer interior plantscaping consultancy.
- Introduce seasonal house plant workshops courses.
- Offer exterior balcony planting consultancy and maintenance for the 600 apartments.
- 600 residential units planned for the area which will increase footfall significantly
- A well established business with an enviable reputation and many existing customers
- Prime trading position in Wapping Wharf.
- Low running costs with inexpensive rent and no business rates
- All fixtures and fittings included making this a real Turnkey business opportunity
- Ideal owner managed or partnership business
- Current owner happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success.
This great little business is likely to attract considerable interest.
We are advised that the business is owner run and managed, with the help of 2 self-employed part-time members of staff.
The business hours are -
Monday - Closed
Tuesday – 10:00 – 17:00
Wednesday – 10:00 – 17:00
Thursday – 10:00 – 17:00
Friday – 10:00 – 17:00
Saturday – 10:00 – 17:00
Sunday – 10:00 – 17:00
Bush Bristol is located in the Wapping Wharf area of Bristol.
Wapping Wharf is a flourishing new neighbourhood in the historical and cultural heart of Bristol where people can live, shop, eat and relax by the City’s glistening waterfront.
This new community has quickly become a much loved part of the city and is widely acknowledged as one of its most exciting new quarters reflecting the independent, creative spirit for which Bristol has become famous. Wapping Wharf has become a major attraction for locals and tourists alike.
Wapping Wharf is well known for its incredible array of independent restaurants, cafes and shops, as well as CARGO which houses many of these in converted shipping containers, giving the area a true dockside character. It’s also home to over 200 residents who live in the neighbourhood with more homes to come in future phases of development. There is also innovative new workspace in the pipeline which will bring more people into the area.
Bush Bristol is ideally situated in Cargo 1. The business is beautifully presented and maintained with clear visible signage and distinctive livery. It’s sits alongside other complimentary retail businesses and thus benefits from high levels of footfall and passing trade.
Bush Bristol occupies prominent corner premises with widows to front and side creating a light, airy and inviting interior. Ideally suited to the trade with bespoke, timber shelving to walls , bespoke counter and external display area. The premises are beautifully presented and fastidiously maintained with a pleasing upmarket feel.
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis, with the current 7 year lease due to expire in September 2023. The rent is £936 per month, and has £0 rates payable. The rent includes a seperate storage container.