Highly Regarded Café/Bistro in Prime Location
Antrim, County Antrim
- Asking Price: £29,999 +SAV
We are advised the business has a turnover of £80,000 with an Adjusted net profit of around £28,000
Please Quote Reference B05897
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please Quote Reference B05897
Hilton Smythe are delighted to present to the market Truffles Tea Room, a highly renowned café/bistro business with over 20 years trading history as Truffles with 4 years in its current location/format.
The thriving tearoom is now being offered for sale due to our clients’ desire to pursue a new career outside of catering.
The business offers an extensive menu which includes the following –
- Freshly cooked traditional breakfasts
- Toasted sandwiches
- Ciabatta, Panini’s, Focaccia, Wraps, Filled Bagels
- Choice of salads
- Pies, sausage rolls & pasties
- Hot & Cold daily specials
- Homemade buns, scones, pastries & desserts, traybakes
- Seasonal specials
- Bean to cup fresh coffees, teas and cold drinks, juices
The unit is fully fitted out to a very high standard and would allow any new buyer the ability to walk straight in and continue trading.
In order to increase the capacity of the business, our clients added a new bakery kitchen (located on the first floor) to focus on the bakery side which proved very popular however due to other working responsibilities had to stop.
Our client admits they run the business to suit their needs and there are several areas any new buyer would be beneficial to add to increase the current Turnover –
- Extend the current opening hours
- Add deliveries, online ordering ability
- Add a new website, more social media presence
- Apply for and alcohol licence
- Add a Sunday lunch menu
- Add an evening bistro menu or fixed price menu option
- Utilise the unused bakery kitchen for either a wholesale bakery business or separate kitchen to prepare outside catering work
- Add more hours by new owner to reduce labour costs
The business is run part time by our clients with the help of 3 x part time members of the team.
MONDAY – SATURDAY – 9am to 4pm
Truffles Tea Room occupies a highly prominent trading position on the corner of Main St and New St in Randalstown, Antrim.
The business sits along a busy parade of shops which includes many independent retailers – there are bridal shops, hair salons, florist, a Costcutter, several bars & takeaways, opticians and major High St banks.
This location is the true heart of this bustling Town with clear views over the River Maine, nearest school is Randalstown Central Primary School and Escarmouche Action Park is 2 minutes’ walk away.
The A6 runs straight through the Town and acts as the main link road to the M22.
Randalstown is a small Town in County Antrim, Northern Ireland, between Antrim and Toome. It has a very prominent disused railway viaduct and lies beside Lough Neagh and the Shane’s Castle estate. The town is bypassed by the M22 motorway with junctions at both the eastern and western ends of the town.
Front External – the business enjoys a corner trading position with 2 chairs positioned outside.
Ground Floor – a selection of both high window seating and low level seating is available offering approx. 20 covers.
Service area, equipment included -
- True freezer single door
- True refrigerator single door
- Blue seal turbofan oven
- Lincat griddle
- Lincat 4 ring electric hob
- Lincat bench top service with heated lights
- Panasonic 1800w microwave
- Merry chef
- Double door salad fridge
- Mach dishwasher
- Docriluc double door glass fridge
- Docriluc glass front fridge
- Sink and drain
A fully fitted bakery kitchen has been recently installed and includes the following –
Bakbar turbofan oven
Panasonic 1800w microwave
Mixer 20 litre bowl
200w bench mixer
Whirlpool chest freezer x2
Upright glass fronted fridge
Large bakery benches with shelf underneath x2
Small bakery bench
We are informed the business is being offered as a Leasehold with a rolling monthly agreement in place paying just £8,840 per annum (this includes the upstairs bakery room). A new longer lease term will be offered by the Landlord.
The business current benefits from NIL business rates.