Highly Renowned Hair & Beauty Business
Please quote reference B05493
Hilton Smythe are delighted to present to the market a large salon opportunity occupying 2 x floors decorated to a high standard. The business comes with many years of trading history, it is now been sold to allow our client to start a family.
The renowned business offers both hair and beauty services and was previously a well-known City & Guilds Training Academy. Services include -
- Ladies and Men’s haircutting, restyling and colouring.
- Perming/Chemical straightening.
- Hair conditioning and Hair extensions.
- Waxing, Pedicures, Nails.
- Hopi Ear therapy, Facials, Massage.
- Wedding packages.
All staff apart from our clients are employed on a 50/50 rent a chair basis.
The salon has the potential to employ 8 stylists.
The size of the salon allows any new owner to easily double the current turnover levels, we recommend any of the following areas -
- Increasing current staffing levels.
- Remodelling the ground floor area.
- Updating the current website, social media presence and advertising.
- Add a new online booking system including an easy to use ‘App’.
- Increasing the limited choice of Beauty services, including the increasingly popular non-surgical procedures, fat reduction treatments and spray tans.
- Add permanent make-up and tattooing.
- Remodelling the lower ground floor to increase the number of Beauty rooms - adding more rooms could easily be rented out individually to increase turnover.
- Extend current opening hours.
- Re-introduce a growing school facility.
The business is scheduled to achieve a 2019 Turnover of around £80,000 which is very similar to the Turnover achieved in 2016, with a gross profit of circa £21,000 adjusted net profit should be around £35,000- £40,000.
Please quote reference B05493
The business run and managed by our client with the help of 4 self-employed hair stylists/beauticians.
SUNDAY / MONDAY - Closed
TUESDAY - 9am to 3pm
WEDNESDAY - 10am to 8pm
THURSDAY - 9am to 8pm
FRIDAY - 9am to 6pm
SATURDAY - 9am to 4pm
The salon occupies a highly visible corner trading position, the business sits centrally in a dense residential area.
The salon is based in a thriving town in the county of Kent where the business benefits from free parking on nearby streets.
Front external -
- included in the lease is a large pavement space, ideal for customer parking or a designated customer area.
- Large customer waiting area with a black leather sofa and retail display shelving.
- Curved Reception desk.
- 7-8 Hair Styling Stations.
- 1 Nail bar station.
- 3 x single backwash units.
- Staff room.
- Staff kitchen and colour store.
- Sunbed Room - larger than average room which includes a rented stand up solarium (recently re-tubed).
- Treatment Room 1 - treatment bed, storage trolley, storage shelving and access to large store cupboard.
- Treatment room 2 - currently used as storage.
- Office - currently used as an office but could be used as a further treatment room.
We are advised the business is being sold as a Leasehold with 2.5 years remaining on a 7-year renewable lease paying just £13,200 per year. The business benefits from full small business relief paying 0 rates in the current year.