Horticultural nursery offering a range of gardening and landscaping products
- Asking Price: £299,995 +SAV
- 2023 turnover IRO £527,000
- 100% share sale
- Prospective purchasers will be required to sign an NDA
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B07144
The company offers a range of specialist gardening and landscaping products and services to both trade and domestic customers, with a particular focus on turf, top soil, mushroom compost, aggregates, cement and sand, and landscape waste services.
Established in late 1990s, the company serves as one of the leading horticultural nurseries in the South West, offering horticultural supplies and garden waste transfer to both trade and domestic customers. The company benefits from a regular customer base, constituted both by cash-and-carry customers and returning clients who are invoiced every month. The nursery has carved out a unique niche in the gardening industry, with no serious competitors for turf, topsoil and mushroom compost supply in the county, and with a reputation for its friendly, competitively priced service.
The company offers a comprehensive range of products and services, including: quality lawn turf (premium grades and general purpose), quality top soil (premium top soil and general top soil for beds and borders), mushroom compost, aggregates (sand, ballast, type 1), decorative stone, garden waste disposal, and horticultural sundries. The company also provides 48-hour deliveries for all products.
The company has a number of important gains to offer the prospective purchaser, including:
- Healthy financial profile, with an annual turnover in excess of £0.5 million, and a gross profit above £230,000 for 2023;
- A comprehensive range of horticultural products;
- An established client base;
- Experienced and knowledgeable team of staff, who are well-equipped to ensure a smooth business handover;
- An impeccable reputation within the local horticultural market, with uniformly positive reviews on Google;
- Good location, with access to M4, M5 and other link roads;
- Ample scope to expand under new entrepreneurial ownership.
- Leading horticultural nursery in the area, serving as the major supplier of turf, topsoil and mushroom compost;
- Healthy financial profile;
- Assets included in sale;
- Impeccable reputation;
- Established trade and domestic client base.
- Opportunity to implement a local marketing campaign;
- Opportunity to expand into landscape gardening services, a delivery service for builders’ bags, timber supply, and paving supply;
- An ideal bolt-on acquisition for an existing horticultural/landscaping business.
Experienced staff in place
Operates all year round.
Located in Little Shurdington, Cheltenham.
Trading from a rented premises.
Leasehold basis, terms to be negotiated.