Independent Boutique Wine Retail Business
- Asking Price: £15,000 +SAV
Affordable Wine generated an advised turnover of circa £30,000 as of the 2017 accounts however it needs to be stressed that the business is now being run at a pace to suit the owner and turnover has been higher previously.
Please quote reference B04195
- Tenure: Business Only
Please quote reference B04195
Hilton Smythe welcomes to the market Affordable Wine.
Affordable Wine which is currently based in Worcester, is a boutique independent business which is totally customer driven.
The mission of the business is to bring superb but reasonably priced wines to their customers and to dispel the myth that good wine has to be expensive.
The business was founded by the current owner in 2004 and has been a real labour of love.
The business is now being sold albeit reluctantly and with a heavy heart so that the owner can enjoy a well-earned retirement, she is keen to see her well-loved business pass to an ambitious and entrepreneurial new owner who can take this business to the next level.
Affordable Wine began by importing personally sourced Southern French wines but now offers wines from all corners of the world which are sourced in this country.
The wines offered are selected with an eye to quality, value for money and enjoyment. They must taste really good to be offered to the customers and the business prides itself on offering an unbeatable, efficient, personal and un-stuffy service.
The sale will include the company website (affordablewine.co.uk) which is currently being redeveloped.
The business has great visibility on the internet with its own Twitter and Facebook page (495 likes at Instruction) and great online reviews.
A database of approximately 200 customers will be passed on to a new owner and the business has many regular customers.
The business is proud to be a registered member of the Alcohol Wholesale Registration Scheme (AWRS).
Reasons to Buy,
1. A well-established business with an enviable reputation and existing customers.
2. Fully relocatable and could be run from a home office anywhere in the country.
3. Current owner happy to offer a handover and mentor a new owner to ensure the continued success of the business. A basic knowledge of wine will be useful.
5. A real opportunity to increase turnover and profits significantly, current owner has been running the business at a pace that suits herself.
6. Includes website and all social media platforms.
Scope to improve,
1. Advertising and marketing campaign.
2. Add new products - Gin has recently been added.
3. Attend Farmers markets and shows.
4. Initiate wine tasting events.
5. Employ a sales manager to canvass Pubs, Restaurant, Hotels etc with a view to becoming their preferred supplier.
Hilton Smythe highly advises early consideration to avoid disappointment.
The business is run and managed by our client with the help of one-part time member of staff.
Monday to Friday 10 am – 6 pm
A new owner could select their own hours.
Affordable Wine is currently located in Worcestershire and could feasibly be run from anywhere in the UK. Indeed, the World.
A new owner would require storage of some kind, perhaps a large garage but storage could be provided locally to Worcester if required at a cost of £140 per month inclusive enabling 14 pallets of wines to be stored.
A computer system would also be provided to a new owner which will include bespoke software.
There is also a range of packing materials included in the sale.
Opportunity a relocatable business.