Long Standing Convenience Store & Post Office
Please Quote Reference B05847
Hilton Smythe are delighted to present to the market Allhallows Convenience Store & Post Office, established by our clients over 30 years ago and now offered for sale due to their wish to now retire.
Key Selling Points of this business include:
- No nearby competition.
- Only Post Office counter in the area.
- Very large retail area with several areas to add a secondary business type or sub lease to any complimentary business type (Ideal for Bakery or Food 2 go business).
- Very large 4 bedroomed owners’ accommodation with option to expand adding another bedroom.
- Summer uplift from Haven Park creates £2,000 - £3,000 sales days.
- Very large garden with 4 x garages, lawn & 2 x large.
- Very loyal customer base.
- Opportunity to add more alcohol sales.
- Option to extend hours, offer local deliveries.
Currently the business offers the following goods & services -
- Large choice of confectionary, sweets, crisps & soft drinks.
- Range of cigarettes, tobacco & vaping fluids.
- Choice of newspapers & magazines.
- Essential groceries, cereals, convenience lines & frozen foods.
- Lottery, batteries & greeting cards.
- Ice cream, some children’s toys & games.
- Beers, Ciders, Wines & Spirits.
- Stationery, DIY essentials, pet foods & household goods.
Very rarely do Freehold convenience led businesses of this size and location come onto the open market and we therefore recommend very early viewing to avoid disappointment.
As of the 2018 accounts the business generated a turnover of £580,123, a gross profit of 22% and adjusted net profit of £62,955. Current stock levels are in the region of £48,000. For further information please reference B05847.
The business is run and managed by our clients and their son with the help of 1 x part time member of the team with additional help throughout the summer months.
MONDAY - 7.00am - 7.00pm
TUESDAY - 7.00am - 7.30pm
WEDNESDAY - 7.00am - 7.30pm
THURSDAY - 6.45am - 7.00pm
FRIDAY - 7.00am - 7.30pm
SATURDAY - 7.30am - 7.30pm
SUNDAY - 8.00am - 4.00pm
Allhallows Convenience Store & Post Office occupies a very large detached plot with land to the front and rear, centrally located on Avery Way in Allhallows, Rochester, Kent.
Allhallows is an attractive village on the Hoo Peninsula in Kent, situated in the northernmost part of Kent.
The community led business enjoys a significant summer season uplift due to its location which faces the renowned Allhallows Haven Holiday Park (4,000 homes +). The park offers direct access to the mud & pebble beach on the Thames Estuary with a choice of self-catering holidays and holiday homes to buy.
This is the only convenience store in the area and 1 of the largest independent stores with accommodation in Kent.
The centre of Rochester is less than 5 mins drive from the business which includes direct link to the A2 cross country link road.
Permission to build 90 new houses in land directly behind will be a major selling point and will undoubtedly increase customer footfall and throughout the building stage will attract new custom from the many builders and contractors.
The business benefits from an off-road customer car park for approx. 8 x cars.
The building was originally built to accommodate 2 x retail shops and 2 x first floor flats however due to the success and needs of the original post office our clients combined the units as well as adding further retail space to the left hand side of the shop which also included new store rooms and office space.
Ground Floor (175.2m2) -
- Service counter / local post office includes rear cigarette gantry, spirit shelving, lottery point, storage shelving, till & card machine.
- 5 x display gondoliers including fixed units to the left and right sides.
- DIY space (located in the previous post office space).
- 12 x CCTV camera system & alarm system.
- 3 x one drinks chillers.
- 3 x double width display freezers.
- Ice cream display freezer.
- Left (rear) - extended area includes new stock room with die access and rear office - pc/printer.
- Right (rear) - private hallway with toilet facilities, large admin office (precious post office counter space) with safe, desks and filing storage.
- Family bathroom.
- Fully fitted kitchen.
- 4 x double bedrooms with fitted wardrobes.
- Double width Lounge/ Dining Room.
- 2nd Bathroom (shower room).
- Utility room/ 2nd kitchen.
- Storage cupboard / boiler cupboard.
- 2nd (wider) hallway white separate rear entrance from the large 1st floor terrace.
- Large decked terrace - includes designated space for 5th bedroom (planning permission preciously given).
- Off streetcar parking for 8 x cars.
- Right - parking for owners’ cars & side/rear garden access.
- Left - large driveway leading to both the rear garden and 4 x private garages.
- Large secure parking space or 3rd terrace area.
- Large grassed area with trees and shrubs.
- Secure decked terrace area (with private entrance).
- 4 x separate garages.
- Private staircase up to first floor decked terrace.