Long Standing Florist business for sale
Please quote reference B06169
Hilton Smythe is delighted to bring to the market an opportunity to acquire a thriving and long-standing florist business with an outstanding reputation, within the popular town of Petts Wood.
Belles Florist has been trading for many years and has been under the careful ownership of our client since 2007. It is only now that the business is on the market for sale as our client looks to take well-earned retirement.
The business stocks summer flowers, funeral flowers, wedding flowers and special occasion flowers as well as a wide range of hand tied bouquets and flower arrangements in containers. Belles Florist prides itself on using only the best harvests imported from various flower markets, resulting in the business being the florist of choice for many locals and business clients.
The sale of the business inlcudes some of the following equiptment -
- Ample display stands.
- Pots and vases.
- Counter with till and card reader.
- Gift cards display stand.
- Cutting table.
- Hand tools.
- Till and card reader
- External display stands
- Website www.bellesflorist.co.uk
The company has an excellent e-commerce website (www.bellesflorist.co.uk) which is kept up to date with seasonal products.
Reasons to buy –
- A well-established business with an outstanding reputation resulting in many repeat customers.
- Little competition locally
- Ideal owner managed or partnership business.
- Current owner is happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success of the business.
- A real Lifestyle business offering an ambitious new owner the opportunity to work in a thriving community.
- Maximising the use of social media,
- Undertaking a robust advertising and marketing campaign to highlight the business,
- Review & extend the opening hours,
- Increase some of the retail lines to include gift cards & small gifts,
- Expand the corporate side of the business supplying to local businesses etc,
- Attending wedding fairs,
- Introduce flower arranging courses in the evening,
- Consider a customer loyalty card / scheme along with exploring online voucher discounters such as Groupon and Wowcher,
- There is also the possibility of introducing the lucrative online delivery service via Interflora etc.
We are advised that the business generated a turnover in the region of £150,000. Full financials can be made available upon further request.
Please quote reference B06169
We are advised that the business is owner run and managed, with the help of 1 part time freelancer.
The business hours are -
Monday – 09:00 – 17:00
Tuesday – 09:00 – 17:00
Wednesday – 09:00 – 17:00
Thursday – 09:00 – 17:00
Friday – 09:00 – 17:00
Saturday – 09:00 – 17:00
Sunday - Closed
Belles Florist occupies a highly desirable trading location on Petts Wood Road, within the heart of Petts Wood. This is a much sought-after area for any business, the florist sits along a busy parade of independently run businesses.
Petts Wood is a traditional town in south-east London located in the county of Kent. It lies south of Chislehurst, west of St. Paul’s Cray and Poverest, north of Orpington and Crofton, and east of Southborough and Bromley common. The excellent transport links make it a commuter’s dream with reputable schools making it an ideal location for families.
The florist enjoys excellent footfall due to its location.
Nearest mainline station is Petts Wood, just 3 mins walk from the business.
There is pay and display parking at the front of the shop.
The premises are well presented inside and out, with excellent eye-catching signage.
The shop front has large windows , providing natural lighting.
Upon entrance is the service area / shop floor with perimeter display stands.
Staff storage area, cutting area.
To the front of the shop there are ample pay and display car parking spaces.
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis, with a new lease to be negotiated with the seller. The rent would be £1,666 per month.