Much loved Cafe Business for sale
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Asking Price: £49,995 +SAV
We are advised as per the 2020 accounts, the business generated a turnover in the region of £92,000. Full financials can be made available upon further request.
Please quote reference B06186
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B06186
Hilton Smythe is delighted to present to the market Miss Havisham's Tearoom, a much loved cafe business in the heart of a thriving town centre. The ‘turn-key’ business opportunity first opened its doors in 2012 and was further purchased by our client in 2015, who is now selling due to family reasons.
Miss Havisham’s is housed in a stunning listed building within the heart of the ever popular Stony Stratford.
Stony Stratford is loved so much that it has its own brand ‘LoveStony’ with a featured page on Facebook.
We believe the business is a perfect example of a traditional tea room and sandwich shop opportunity, it attracts both a loyal local customer who enjoys visiting the quaint internal space and enjoying the afternoon teas as well as those looking for an excellent choice of freshly made sandwiches to takeaway.
The sale of the business includes -
- Aluminium effect outdoor chairs/table
- Glass fronted display/service chiller, 2 x grills, 2 x microwaves, 2 x arm semi- automated coffee machine and grinder, selection off under counter fridges/freezers and tall glass fronted fridges
- Solid wood Victorian tables, desk, wall mounted shelving, chairs.
Miss Havisham’s has been created to celebrate the Victorian era with solid wood dressers, lots of antique china, lace curtains and traditional artwork. The staff wear black and white uniform linked to the era.
The menu includes -
- Freshly made sandwiches, baguettes & wraps with a choice of 12 meat fillings, 3 fish fillings, 6 vegetarian/vegan options
- Salad boxes
- Filled jacket potatoes
- Freshly made cakes, seasonal tarts & slices
- Bean to cup coffee, pot of loose tea, hot chocolate, soft drinks & juices
The upstairs dining space can be booked for private celebrations and birthdays for 16 guests.
Outside catering - The tearoom can offer a full buffet service with an excellent range of cold foods available for parties, business lunches and meetings. All buffets are delivered with plates, napkins and decorated platters.
Our client admits she runs the business to suit her lifestyle and she concentrates on a limited day time trade only. We advise any new owner to look at adding any of the following to significantly increase current turnover levels -
- Open longer hours (currently open 11-3 only)
- Open Sundays and Bank holidays
- Add evening bistro/pop up menu evenings
- Increase social media advertising
- Offer local deliveries
- Promote the afternoon tea menu
- Increase the ‘cakes to order’ part of the business
- Add small reading/knitting groups
Key selling points -
- TripAdvisor - ranked 2nd of 32 cafes available to visit in the area
- 5 star hygiene rating
- 4.6/5 Google review score
- 848 Facebook likes (4.8/5 rating)
- Business website
- Unique location
- Low business rates payable
- Loyal team in place
We are advised that the business has 6 part-time staff members.
The business hours are -
Monday – 11:00am – 3:00pm
Tuesday – 11:00am – 3:00pm
Wednesday – 11:00am – 3:00pm
Thursday – 11:00am – 3:00pm
Friday – 11:00am – 3:00pm
Saturday – 10:00am – 4:00pm
Sunday - Closed
Miss Havisham’s Tearoom occupies an idyllic trading position within the charming Timor court in Stony Stratford, Milton Keynes.
Timor court is a hidden gem located just off the main High Street and includes a clothing/accessories store, barbers, flowers shop and beauty salon. The area also holds a weekly traditional market offering household goods, clothes, gifts, bread, cakes, fish, plants, fresh fruit and vegetables.
Stony Stratford is a highly desirable small market town in Buckinghamshire, located at the centre of the UK, making it an ideal venue for meetings/gatherings.
Nearest mainline station is Stony Stratford just 5-10 minutes’ drive from the business.
There are 2 pay and display car parks nearby.
Behind the businbess is a large free car parking.
Front External - large courtyard space, comfortably sits 20+ covers
Ground Floor - main kitchen/service area/takeaway area.
First Floor - 3 x large windows overlook the courtyard, solid wooden chairs and tables with 16 covers.
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis, with 4 years remaining on the 10 year lease. The rent is £780 per month and has low rates payable.