Much Loved Sewing School
Hove, East Sussex
- Asking Price: £34,995 +SAV
As of the 2017-2018 accounts the business generated a Turnover of £54,854. With the cost savings introduced this year, adjusted net profit should easily reach £20,610.
Any new owner who plans to run more of the classes themselves will be able to increase this adjusted net profit to approx £30,000.
Please quote reference B05164
- Tenure: Business Only
Please quote reference B05164
Hilton Smythe are delighted to present to the market Sew In Brighton Sewing school, a much loved Brighton based sewing school established by our client in 2006. The lifestyle business opportunity is being offered for sale due to health reasons of our client who will still offer a full handover to any new owner. She may also stay on as a teacher to aid the smooth transition.
Due to the phenomenal success of the ‘Great British Sewing Bee' on BBC 2, home sewing is enjoying a fantastic resurgence and therefore people with all levels of skills are looking to improve their skills by attending small courses in workshop groups.
Our client offers many different classes which includes general ‘Stitch’ classes, sewing project classes, 121 lessons, Love Your Overlocker (very popular), learn to sew a bag or cushion, replicate your clothes class, knicker making, kimono making, cardigan making, children sewing classes, dream jeans, linings/zips/hardware, altering existing clothing and many more.
The business will include -
- An excellent website and Facebook page
- Course material of 10 different classes
- 3,500 active student details
- Full branding and design details
- Fully automated booking system with IT support
- A team of 5 available teachers
Due to health reasons last year, our client uses extra external teachers to keep her core customers happy. Already the first quarter of this year have seen course numbers and turnover hit the previous year levels which is set to continue for the rest of this year.
Our client is also addressing the high admin costs of the business including the IT support and booking costs which will easily double the current net profit levels.
Any new owner may look to teach more classes themselves, add more courses or relocate the business to a larger workshop to increase current turnover levels.
Website address - www.sewinbrighton.co.uk (this includes a video link presentation form our client). Website USP’s -
- Learn the quickest & most effective way to sew from fun, skilled & friendly sewing teachers - all have worked in fashion design & manufacture, dressmaking or costume industries
- Max 5 students in Stitch Classes and 6-8 in most courses & workshops
- Choose from the largest range of sewing & dressmaking courses in Brighton & Hove
- Make your clothes fit! Learn our amazing pattern fitting & alterations methods - we teach the tissue fitting method that saves time & money!
- Join 1000's of sewing students who've learnt to sew with us since 2008 - read their reviews here
- Spread out: 9 work tables; use our modern Janome sewing machines or bring your own
- Get here easily: central Hove location; parking close by; near Hove station; on major bus routes
Student gift vouchers are also available to purchase.
Growth opportunity includes -
- Adding an Advertising campaign with paid Google adwords, paid Facebook advertising and local networking
- Adding Hen party group sessions
- Adding more Sussex based customers
- Adding a greater retail part to the business
- Adding online tutorials
- Adding more physical courses
- Adding a new larger location with better parking facilities
- Adding longer summer courses
The business is run and managed by our client with the help of 5 ‘ad hoc’ sewing teachers
Flexible - courses available 7 days a week. Most courses morning or early evening with Saturday & Sunday weekend courses also being run
Sew In Brighton is currently run from a rented rooms in Hove, East Sussex however there is no fixed lease in place making the business an ideal relocatable opportunity.
Moving to a new location within the Brighton area could easily reduce current running costs and extend class sizes.
Currently our client attracts students as far as Hastings, Portsmouth and London however the core regular students live within the Brighton and Hove area.
Business Equipment includes
9 x leased sewing machines,
3 x leased over-lockers,
10 x tables,
Several storage units,
Sewing dummy stand,
This is a business only opportunity.