Newly Established Childhood Journals business for sale.
- Asking Price: £65,000 +SAV
We are advised as per the 2020 - 2021 accounts, the business generated a turnover in the region of £81,500, with a gross profit of £40,000 and net profit of £11,521. Full financials can be made available after a telpehone call with the seller.
Please quote reference B06033
- Tenure: Business Only
Please quote reference B06033
Hilton Smythe are privileged to offer to the market a new and exciting E-commerce Brand established by our client in February 2019.
The easily transferrable business is now been offered for sale due to the exceptional growth of the business over the last 12 months which means our client cannot commit the required time to see the business further develop due to her full time teaching career.
The business offers a uniquely designed childhood journal to help parents document the precious memories and milestones from pregnancy to a child’s eighteenth birthday. The original idea for the business came from her own frustration of not being able to easily continue recording memories of her own child after they reached their first birthday.
In a world where people are obsessed with solely looking at their phones, laptops or tablets for a child’s changing images, Month of Sundays offers a more personal documentation of a child’s life which can be cherished for years to come and later passed down to your child, for their own children to enjoy.
In addition to the beautiful choice of Childhood Journals, our client has recently added a collection of Travel Journals and Notebooks.
The Key Background Research Points –
- Average of 750,000 births each year in the UK, 5 million in the EU and 4.5 million combined in our wider target markets of US, CA, AU and NZ.
- In the first year of a baby’s life, UK parents spend circa. £9,565 on products relating to the baby with the total baby products market valued at £7.3 billion.
- Secondary target market - the baby shower gifting market, is valued at £220m with an average gift price of £50.
- In 2021, over 5.5 million parents in the UK are classified as ‘millennials’ and by 2025 this will be account for 83% of all parents. This is the key target audience.
The Key Selling Points of the Journal –
- Very high quality handbound product, made in England. Using the highest quality British materials and made to stand the test of time.
- The ultimate baby book, they make the perfect gift for any new or expectant parent.
- Choice of 7 colours
- No mention of mother or father to ensure it appeals to all types of parents
- Each journal has a woven cloth cover and 200 pages of 120gsm British paper with a ribbon marker
- Fountain pen friendly
- Each chapter includes gentle prompts to help parents describe moments in more detail and affix photographs
- Dimensions – 18cm x 24cm
- Can be personalised direct by manufacturer
- Come with the choice of a luxury keepsake box
Key Selling Points of the Business Model –
- 6000 followers on Instagram
- Excellent interactive Website with online ordering facility
- Facebook – 329 likes
- Featured seller on ‘Not On the High Street’ website
- Quality, unrivalled product
- Unique and special designs
- Endless options to increase current range
- 98% of orders come from their own website
- High profit margins
- Many repeat orders now being received for family and friends’ gifts
- Increased sales through Covid
- Option to wholesale to high end retailer – an initial supply enquiry already in place from John Lewis
- Huge opportunity for growth with sales in 2020 being around 7x those of 2019
- Number of valued independent stockists in the UK, Ireland, Canada and Barbados
- Won silver at the Junior Design Awards in 2020 for the ‘Best Baby Book’
- Excellent National press coverage - Junior Magazine, The Independent, Absolutely Mama Magazine and Country Homes & Interiors.
- Can be run from any location
We are advised that the business is owner ran and managed, with the help of 1 other part time staff member.
The business is trading 24/7.
The Month of Sundays’ is currently from our client’s home in Kent however as this is a E-commerce focused business model, any prospective buyer could re-locate the business to any other part of the UK.
There is the requirement of a small storage space – ideal size of a home based garage or small storage unit.
N/A as its a Business Only sale.
The sale of the business also included;
- The website
- Social media accounts
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Business Only Basis.