Newly established Convenience Store & Off Licence for sale
Please quote reference B06285
Hilton Smythe are pleased to have been given the opportunity to manage the sale of St James Convenience Store & Off Licence which is a newly established Off Licence and convenience store with a rapidly growing reputation amongst local residents. This is a superb opportunity to take on a local business in an area teeming with customers which offers considerable growth potential for a new owner.
The business was founded by the current owner in 2021 when he spotted an opportunity in the area for a convenience store, he had great plans for the business but is now having to sell, albeit reluctantly and with a heavy heart only because of a need to return to his country of birth.
The business sells a range of English, European and Asian foods, general groceries and household items. The business also stocks a comprehensive range of beers, wines and spirits and is becoming known for its fresh fruit and vegetables. A considerable amount of money has been spent by the vendor in his plan to offer his customers a pleasant shopping experience and the business already has an impressive number of regular customers, many of whom are known on a first name basis by the owner who is a popular and well respected member of the local community.
The vendor has applied for a Lotto and Paypoint terminal which will increase revenue streams.
Scope to Improve -
- Advertising and marketing campaign, a leaflet drop locally would yield good results
- Maximise the use of social media particularly Facebook and Twitter
- Increase the range of products stocked
- Introduce a customer loyalty card / scheme
- Consider offering a delivery scheme, lots of older residents locally who would find this useful
- All fixtures and fittings included making this a real Turnkey business opportunity
- Ideal owner managed or partnership business
- Prime trading position with lots of residential new builds locally which will only increase footfall
- Takings are increasing week on week so a new owner would benefit from this upturn in turnover.
- Current owner happy to offer a handover, particularly to a first time business owner.
- A real opportunity to increase turnover and profits significantly, this store has the potential to take £10,000 per week under the right ownership.
We are advised that the business is generating a turnover in the region of £156,000.
Please quote reference B06285
We are advised that the business is owner ran and managed, with the help of 2 part-time members of staff.
The business hours are -
Monday – 8:00am – 11:00pm
Tuesday – 8:00am – 11:00pm
Wednesday– 8:00am – 11:00pm
Thursday – 8:00am – 11:00pm
Friday– 8:00am – 11:00pm
Saturday– 8:00am – 11:00pm
Sunday– 8:00am – 11:00pm
St James Convenience Store & Off Licence is located in Northampton.
Northampton is a town and civil parish in the East Midlands 60 miles north-west of London and 50 miles south east of Birmingham. Northampton is one of the largest towns ( as opposed to cities) in England with a population of 212,100 at the 2011 census.
Northampton is near Junctions 15,15a and 16 of the M1 motorway which connects the town with London at its most southern point and Leeds at its most northern.
Northampton railway station is on the Northampton loop of the West Coast Main Line and has services to London Euston, Birmingham and Crewe.
In the town, buses are mainly operated by Stagecoach Midlands from the North Gate bus station with some services From UNO.
The business occupies a prominent corner position in a mainly residential area which comprises a mix of property types both owner occupied and rented.
The business is nicely presented and maintained with clear visible signage and distinctive red and blue livery. There is ample parking in the roads and streets surrounding the premises.
The business occupies generous premises with windows and glazed door to front creating a light, airy and inviting interior, tiled floor, fluorescent lighting, bespoke counter with generous wrapping area and EPOS till system, perimeter shelving, double glass fronted dairy chiller, open drinks chiller, Bread and pastries shelving, fruit and vegetable section.
Stockroom - With perimeter shelving and ample floor storage space
WC - With close coupled toilet and hand wash basin.
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis, with 9 years remaining on the 10 year lease. The rent is £850 per month.