Newly established Doggy Day Care And Cafe Business For Sale
London, Greater London
- Asking Price: £150,000 +SAV
We are advised as per the 2022 accounts, the business generated a turnover in the region of £203,000. Further financials can be made available upon request.
Please quote reference B07049
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B07049
Hilton Smythe welcomes to the market Barkney Wick, a modern business located on Smeed Road, Fish Island.
Barkney Wick was created by our client in 2021, although a relatively new business it has become extremely popular very quickly.
It is only now that the business is on the open market for sale as our client looks to focus on other business interests.
Barkney Wick offers a range of services including doggy day care, walking, training, community events. The premises has a modern café offering a range of fayre for both dogs and their owners. Alongside the café, our client has created a cocktail bar, named After Bark. The cocktail bar is modern with bespoke décor and lighting.
Since establishment the company has generated a huge amount of support from customers, the google reviews include comments stating ‘Went there for my pup’s first birthday on Saturday eve (After Bark) party and loved it. Booked a package deal which is super cheap. We had 6 dogs and 10 humans, and they had made a personalised cake for our dog! Barkney Wick couldn’t be more accommodating for us and would 100% recommend. Great selection of food (all veggie / vegan) and loads of drinks and cocktails’ and ‘Wonderful space for dogs and their humans! Beautifully designed to cater for both and at the same time be vegan and eco-friendly.’
Our client is offering a hand over period to ensure the continued success of the business
Reasons to buy -
- Excellent reputation and reviews
- High footfall location
- Hand over period offered
- Low overheads
- Turnkey business
- Premises Licence
Hilton Smythe highly advises early viewing to take in the full potential of the trade.
The sale of the business includes all fixtures and fittings.
Key Selling Points -
- An eco-friendly low-waste community centre designed for dogs and humans around Hackney Wick, London.
- Comprehensive range of services offered to both, earning an excellent reputation within the industry and strong relationships with loyal clients.
- Received the highest star rating for a new animal care provider, a testament to the calibre of the facilities and services provided on-site.
- Received significant media attention both nationwide and internationally, a feature within Time Out Magazine and The Mirror and will be appearing on a national morning television show in the coming months.
- Committed to providing an excellent service offering.
- The plant-based café and cocktail bar are additionally used to educate people on the nutritional benefits of a plant-based diet for both humans and dogs, with the site unique in the provision of plant-based food created for dogs, with foods and raw materials sourced from local businesses.
- Grooming salon - This has now been built and is generating monthly revenue
- Further online marketing, including the use of search engine optimisation (SEO), pay-per-click (PPC) and email marketing.
- The recruitment of additional experienced staff may enable the Company to undertake an increased volume of work.
- Increase investment into the placement of advertisements in local advertisements or sponsor events or trade shows.
We are advised that the business is run and managed by our client, with the help of 1 full-time and 4 felxible staff members.
The daycare hours are -
Monday to Friday - 08:00 - 18:00
The cafe hours are -
Monday – 08:00 – 16:00
Tuesday – 08:00 – 16:00
Wednesday – 08:00 – 16:00
Thursday – 08:00 – 16:00
Friday – 08:00 – 16:00
Saturday – 08:00 – 16:00
Sunday - Closed
The After Bark bar hours are -
Thursday to Saturday – 18:00 – 23:00
Barkney Wick is located on Smeed Road, Fish Island.
The premises benefit from close proximity to several residential areas and the A12, providing excellent transport links across London. Commuters may additionally drop their dogs off before utilising the nearby Hackney Wick
overground station, which is situated less than a mile away.
The premises underwent a refit to create Barkney Wick. The premises has newly tiled floors throughout, with bespoke and modern décor.
Barkney Wick operates from 1,668 sq ft leasehold located in Hackney Wick, London, however, our client has advised that the business is easily relocatable, should a new owner require this.
The daycare business has been running for coming up to 3 years now, with a large book of clients including a number of regular and frequent daycare dogs.
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis, with the rent at £3,750 per month (Exclusive of VAT)..