Newly established Gym and Fitness centre for sale
- Asking Price: £159,999 +SAV
We are advised that the business has around 260 active members, which generates £5,800 per month.
Please quote reference B06654
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B06654
Hilton Smythe is delighted to welcome to the market this high end gym and fitness centre which is superbly situated in the increasingly sought after area of Farnborough.
Unit 24 Fitness Centre & Gym was founded by the current owner when he identified a gap in the market. The business has been a real labour of love for him accruing a fantastic reputation along with an impressive number of regular users.
The business is now being sold, albeit reluctantly and with a heavy heart only because our client has another gym business where he is too busy with coaching etc to dedicate the time needed on this business, he is keen to see this gym pass to an ambitious and entrepreneurial new owner who can continue his dream to make this an exceptional fitness centre and take it to the next level.
Unit 24 was developed to facilitate the whole of the Farnborough Aerospace Business Park and much research was carried out in accessing the needs and likes of the local demographic. This is definitely not your average gym!
Unit 24 is a modern spacious gym where clients can go to, put on their favourite playlist and get stuck in with their training, definitely not your usual gym, all of the gym equipment and changing rooms are located on the ground floor in unusually spacious surroundings.
The business offers qualified and experienced personal trainers, male and female changing rooms with showers, a range of fitness classes, 24/7 access 365 days a year, brand new, latest spec equipment, functional training area with track.
The business currently has a member base of approximately 260 but this is growing at an impressive pace as it becomes more established.
Scope to improve -
- Advertising and marketing campaign
- Maximise the use of social media
- Explore online voucher discounters such as Wowcher and Groupon
- Offer a fitness service for free to attract leads
- Complete the spa area, sauna and steam room.
- Partner with local businesses and network with local community
- All fixtures and fittings included making this a real Turnkey business opportunity
- Ideal bolt on to an existing wellness company
- Perfect owner managed or partnership business
- Current owner happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success
- A real opportunity to increase turnover and profits significantly, current owner has been running at a to suit.
- Prime trading position with loads of free parking.
- A considerable amount of money was spent establishing this business and the sale price is considerably less than that spent making this a fantastic purchase for an astute business person with the right vision.
We are advised that the business has 1 full-time manager, with the help of 1 part-time cleaner and 2 part-time apprentices.
The business operates 24/7.
Unit 24 is located in Farnborough.
Farnborough is a town in northeast Hampshire. The town lies at the centre of the Blackwater Valley Conurbation which includes Aldershot, Camberley, Yateley, Sandhurst, Frimley and Farnham.
Farnborough is near junctions 4 and 4a of the M3 motorway. The A325 enters the town from Frimley to the north and continues into Aldershot to the south. The A331 runs north to south along the east side of the town.
Since 2003 Farnborough Airport has been a business airport operated by TAG Aviation. The Farnborough International Airshow takes place at the airport on even numbered years.
The business occupies generous detached premises on a modern and sought after industrial estate. The business is beautifully presented and maintained with clear visible signage. There is ample free parking immediately outside.
The business occupies substantial (approx 4700 sq.ft), detached, modern premises with a side entrance allowing 24 hour entry. There are generous gym areas, cardio and resistance areas, fitness studios, stretch room, a spa area with sauna and steam room (some finishing required), changing room s and showers and a mezzanine with staff area and two generous offices.
The premises are beautifully presented and fastidiously maintained with a pleasing upmarket feel.
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis, with 15 years remaining on the 15 year lease.
The rent is free until February 2022, and then £2,000 per month for 18 months and then £4,000 per month after that.