Newly refitted Food/Coffee Shop business for sale
Please quote reference B06368
Hilton Smythe is delighted to present to the market The Coffee House & Deli, a newly refitted food/coffee shop business located within the heart of a bustling seaside town centre.
The ‘turn-key’ opportunity is now being made for sale due to the health of our client's partner which means her time is now required on their other business.
The menu currently offers the following -
- Freshly made breakfasts
- Premium fresh ground coffees, mocha, ice cream frappe’s
- Herbal teas, gourmet hot chocolates
- CBD teas & coffees
- Ice cream milkshakes - extensive choice which are all available in non-dairy vegan gluten free options
- Freshly made sandwiches, burgers, salads (using the best local butchers meat)
- Delicious cakes - from red velvet cheesecake, lemon meringue pie, carrot cake, black forest cake
- Daily specials which include - gluten free pasta salads, hot slow beef rolls, homemade rocky road chocolate brownies, scones, pulled pork & stuffing rolls,
- Homemade sausage rolls (with gluten free option)
The sale of the business includes -
- Commercial coffee machine & grinder
- Upright glass fronted display chiller
- Chest freezer
- 2 x undercounter fridges
- 3 x door commercial preparation chiller with integrated salad bar
- Single oven
- Jacket potato oven
- Commercial ice cream freezer
- Plates & cutlery
- Microwave oven
- Chairs & tables
- Kitchen utensil
- Longer opening hours
- Alcohol licence
- Adding a new evening bistro menu - there is high demand for both seafood and steaks in this area with no restaurants catering for this kind of menu
- Outside catering
- Private parties
Newbiggin-by-the-Sea is a very popular destination for holiday makers with an excellent choice of holiday parks and guest houses with a large new caravan park being recently added. The area is renowned for attracting dog walkers, all dogs (and their owners) are welcome in the cafe!
Key selling points -
- Complete refurb including new flooring, new lighting, equipment and decoration
- 5 star hygiene rating
- Focus on using local ingredients & excellent meats from the local butcher
- New lease to be offered
- Low rental terms
- Nil business rates
We are advised as per the 2021 accounts, the business generated a turnover in the region of £60,000, with an adjusted net profit in the region of £15,000. Full financials can be made available upon further request.
Please quote reference B06368
The business is owner run and managed.
The business hours are -
Monday - 10.00am - 2.00pm
Tuesday - 10.00am - 2.00pm
Wednesday - 10.00am - 2.00pm
Thursday - 10.00am - 2.00pm
Friday - 10.00am - 2.00pm
Saturday - 10.00am - 2.00pm
Sunday - 10.00am - 2.00pm
The Coffee House & Deli occupies a sought after trading position on Front Street within the centre of Newbiggin-by-the-Sea, Northumberland.
The business trades along a busy parade of community shops which include a dog grooming salon, award winning butchers, angling business, haberdashery, barbers, florist and beauty salon.
Front Street is renowned for its choice of independent retailer, cafes and pubs which are located just a few minutes’ walk up from the beach.
Newbiggin-by-the-Sea is a popular bay teeming with marine wildlife and peaceful beach, located on the north east coast.
The town is 9 miles east of Morpeth and 17 miles north of Newcastle.
The area is accessed just off the A189.
A bus stop is located on the same parade which connects visitors/commuters to nearby Morpeth.
There is free customer parking in the adjacent streets and some spaces directly outside.
We are advised that business is being sold on a Leasehold basis, with a new lease to be negotiated for the new buyer. The rent is £325 per month.