Newly Refurbished Cafe For Sale
- Asking Price: £16,250 +SAV
We are advised the business generated a turnover of circa £130,000 as of 2022, further financial information can be made available upon request.
Please quote reference B06934
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B06934
Hilton Smythe is delighted to present to the market Bumbles Sandwich & Dessert Bar, a recently refurbished cafe/bistro opportunity which offers both ground and first floor dining area as well as a very large outside terrace.
The business was previously known as Bumbles Coffee Lounge (established over 25 years ago) and more recently purchased by our client in 2021 who invested £40,000 in transforming the tired interior into the modern and contemporary interior you see in the photographs attached today.
The versatile business opportunity is now being sold to allow our client to concentrate on his other business interests however a full business handover will be offered.
The welcoming cafe offers a welcoming yet very modern feel with new solid oak tables, new lighting and feature wall to emphasise the ‘Bumbles’ brand.
The A3 licenced business, currently offers the following menu -
- Full choice of small to large ‘made to order traditional breakfasts
- Toasted sandwiches & paninis
- Freshly filled sandwiches or baps
- Jacket potatoes
- Afternoon tea
- Milkshakes, canned & bottled drinks
- Crisps, biscuits, flapjacks & shortbread
- Freshly made cakes & ice cream
- Bean to cup coffees, teas & hot chocolate
Key Selling Points -
- 5 star Hygiene rating
- Large outside terrace
- Potential to add alcohol sales
- Newly refurbished throughout
- First floor sitting area - ideal for meetings or private catch ups
- Equipped to a very high level
- New solid wood tables & chairs
- Opportunity to add and evening bistro
- Active Facebook page - with 2,364 followers
- Opportunity to extend current opening hours
- Handover period offered
- Opportunity to add on-line deliveries
- Outside catering potential
The following is included in the sale:
- Group 4 coffee machine
- Coffee bean Grinder
- Hot water boiler
- commercial dishwasher
- Gelato easy serve ice-cream dispenser and freezer
- counter top chiller for food prep storage
- 2 panini grills
- Double induction hob
- single counter top deep fat fryer
- 2 microwaves
- Waffle maker
- Crepe maker
- 3 x blenders
- Dessert station
- Hot cupboard
- Counter top chilled display unit
- Double floor standing drinks/food display chiller
- Sharp cash register
- Thermal printer
- Standard crockery, cutlery, glasses, etc for everyday use
- 7 Fridges
- 7 Freezers
- 2 ovens,1 being Blue seal commercial convection oven
- Counter 4 hob electric
- Meat slicer
The business is run and managed by 1 full time and 2 part time staff members.
The business trading hours are:
Monday to Saturday - 10:00am - 17:00pm
Sunday - Closed
Bumbles Sandwich & Dessert Bar occupies a prominent trading position on a pedestrian only lane within the Wyvern Centre, located just off Magdalene lane in the centre of Taunton.
The business sits centrally to the hustle and bustle of the town's main shopping high street which includes well-known brands such as Marks & Spencer, Waterstones, Sports Direct, TK Maxx, Wilko & Superdrug, the main banks/building societies, the Orchard shopping centre and central library to one side. To the other side of the business is St. Mary's Magdalene Church, Taunton Heritage Trust, further selection of bars & restaurants.
Taunton is a highly desirable town located in Somerset and dates back to the 10th century. It is well positioned just off the M5 motorway.
There are two nearby pay and display car parks - Cannon Street & Orchard Multi Storey.
Nearest mainline station is Taunton, approx 10 mins walk from the business.
The premises is comprised of the following:
- Large outside terrace - 28-32 covers
- Ground floor - industrial styled dining area offering 36 covers with a large fully equipped servery to one side, access to upstairs area
- First floor - further 16 covers, customer toilet facilities (including baby changing), fully equipped kitchen and storeroom
We are advised the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis with 4 years remaining on the Lease, the rent is £1,500 per month.