Newly refurbished Cafe/Restaurant for sale
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Asking Price: £60,000 +SAV
Prior to the pandemic the business was turning over 4,000 per week. since the lockdown the business has been closed and fully refurbished, opening the doors mid may and currently taking iro £1,800 per week.
Please quote reference B06127
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B06127
Hilton Smythe is delighted to present to the market Wagon 1871, a recently transformed café/restaurant business in the heart of the city centre.
The ‘Turn-key’ business opportunity is now being offered for sale due to family reasons.
The high level of investment made by our client is clear to see in the attached business photos.
The business is run to suit, due to the needs of our client’s young family and she currently concentrates on a daytime trading operation only. There is a full alcohol licence in place from 10am to 12am, seven days a week which will allow any new buyer the option to add an evening restaurant.
In 2020, our client embarked on a total transformation of the unit which included –
- New décor & lighting throughout
- New tables, chairs & furniture
- Upgraded toilet facilities.
- New children’s/staff room
- New bespoke counter unit
- New kitchen equipment
Due to the Covid pandemic, the business focused on providing local deliveries through both ‘Just Eat’ and ‘Deliveroo’, the menu choices included the following –
- Vegan Curries & Guvec
- Mediterranean Kofte & Chicken Guvec
- Traditional breakfasts & vegan breakfasts
- Wraps & Fajita’s.
- Gourmet Burgers
- Homemade Chicken fillet burgers
- Vegan & Vegetarian burgers
- Jacket potatoes
- Choice of side dishes
- Bottle beers, soft drinks, milkshakes & smoothies
Very rarely do restaurants of this size, standard or location come onto the open market and we therefore highly recommend early enquiries to avoid disappointment.
The unit is owned by a charity trust who have offered a very long 20-year renewable lease term paying just £15,600 per year which makes this business opportunity even more desirable due to its location.
Key Selling –
- Excellent location
- Recently completed ‘high end’ re-fit
- New fixtures & equipment throughout
- Excellent lease terms
- Option to increase opening times & add evening restaurant.
We are advised that the business is owner ran and managed.
The business hours are -
Monday – 8:00am – 3:00pm
Tuesday – 8:00am – 3:00pm
Wednesday – 8:00am – 3:00pm
Thursday – 8:00am – 3:00pm
Friday – 8:00am – 3:00pm
Saturday – 9:30am – 3:00pm
Sunday - Closed
Wagon 1871 occupies a highly enviable and much sought-after trading position directly facing Sheffield Mainline Train station.
Leadmill Road is accessed just off the A61 City centre link road which is directly behind the Sheffield Hallam University.
The footfall within this area is one of the highest in the City centre due to all the close amenities and services offered.
The main shopping area, theatres, town hall and leisure facilities are all located within 2 minutes’ walk from the unit with 2 large pay and display car parks nearby.
Sheffield is a thriving City with an increasingly growing student population as well as being a hub for many new and exciting apartment developments. It is the second largest city in the Yorkshire and Humber region.
- Outside area – 16 covers
- Large full height windows to the front elevation
- Dining area – large full height area with a distinct industrial feel, decorated with a highly unique and contemporary design throughout. There is a mixture of bespoke made tables, chairs, leather sofas and club seats (There are 50 covers in this open plan area).
- Bespoke counter unit
- Fully equipped commercial kitchen
- Staff room/children’s ‘chill out’ room
- Disabled/ baby changing toilet, separate toilet facilities.
- 2 Fridge Freezer
- 1 Grill
- 1 Pizza oven
- 1 Dishwasher
- 1 Fryer
- 1 Cooker
- 1 Pizza Table Fridge
- 1 Hot Preparing Table
- 1 Coffee Machine
- 1 Ice Machine
- 2 Undercounter Drink Fridge
- 1 Undercounter dishwasher
- 1 Wine Fridge
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis, with 10 years remaining on the 20 year lease. The rent is £15,600 per annum and has £0 rates payable.