Quirky, Individual Cafe/Bistro Business
London, City of London
- Asking Price: £55,000 +SAV
The business enjoyed a Turnover of £202,476 as of the 2017 accounts with an adjusted net profit of around £37,000. For further information please quote reference B05799.
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please Quote Reference B05799
Hilton Smythe are delighted to present to the market Boyce Da Roca, a quirky, individual cafe/bistro business located in the heart of bustling Streatham. Established by our client just over 8 years ago, the ‘Turn-key’ business opportunity is now being offered for sale due to our client’s decision to now relocate from London.
The cafe - bistro - bar comes with a 7-day alcohol licence in place which permits alcohol sales up to 12 am on Friday / Saturday (highly desirable for this location).
The business concentrates on a daytime operation, offering an unrivalled choice of breakfast, brunches & lunches, sandwiches, ethical coffees, teas and fresh juices as well as ever changing choice of daily specials. All made using the best ingredients they can source and prepared fresh each day. The menu includes some of the following favourites with a twist -
- Homemade Granola.
- Avocado on sourdough with spinach.
- Traditional English, Vegan breakfast, Toasties.
- Eggs benedict, Eggs Royale or Turkish eggs.
- Hot & cold coffee, teas & hot chocolate.
- Organic soft drinks, smoothies, juices & shakes.
- Freshly made cakes, pastries and flapjacks.
- Full list of red & white wines, beers and cocktails.
- 4.9/5 Facebook review score.
- 4.7/5 Google review score average.
- Extending opening hours (both in the morning to attract the commuter coffee/breakfast trade and in the evening to attract more of a bar/bistro clientele).
- Advertise venue for private parties, weddings and birthdays.
- Add a regular Supper club.
- Add deliveries (Deliveroo, Uber & Just Eat).
- Offer complete menu hire (including location venue for TV/Films).
- Add an outside catering service.
- Add Cocktail making & tasting evenings.
- Increase covers by adding some higher window seating as well as increase number of outside tables in the summer.
The business is run and managed by our client with the help of 1 x full time and 2 x part time members of the team.
MONDAY - FRIDAY – 9.00am to 4.00pm
SATURDAY – 10.00am to 4.00pm
SUNDAY – 10.00am to 3.00pm
Boyce Da Roca occupies a highly desirable trading position on Leigham Hall Parade, Streatham High Road in Streatham, London.
Streatham High Road (A23) is a renowned destination offering an excellent choice of independent stores, cafes, restaurants, high street banks and retailers as well major leisure facilities such as DW Fitness First, Virgin Active and Odeon cinema which are all just a couple of units up from this business.
Streatham is a busy residential suburb in south-east London, enjoying an increasing number of new residents attracted by its choice of recreational areas and leisure facilities which include the ice rink, Tooting Bec Lido & Streatham common while the High Road offer unpretentious Asian, Italian and Middle Eastern dining, and is home to the Hideaway jazz venue.
Nearest mainline station is Streatham Hill which is only 2 minutes’ walk up from this business.
There is a choice of pay and display parking spaces on the adjacent streets as well more free parking spaces available further behind.
The cafe enjoyed a complete makeover and refurbishment approximately 18 months ago which not just included new decor, new electrics but a complete remodelling of the kitchen area to allow a more open plan and relaxed link between diner and kitchen.
- Attractive Canopy in Forest Green.
- 2 x tables and 4 chairs (could be increased to 8).
- Unique selection of solid wood chairs and tables (offering 40 dining covers).
- Left hand side fitted bench seating with storage.
- Drinks display racking.
- Bespoke dental light fitting.
- Solid wood counter with cake display dishes.
- 2 x arm ‘Sanremo’ semi-automated coffee machine with 2 x cone grinders.
- Under counter glass fronted chiller, hand wash sink, under counter freezer.
- 1 x tall upright fridge, 2 x 3 door stainless steel prep fridges, turbofan oven.
- 2 x double grills, 2 x ring induction hob, 2 x drinks blenders, drinks fridge.
- Full size Bain Marie, double stainless steel preparation sink, large dishwasher.
- Large extraction unit, hand wash sink, wall mounted storage shelving.
- Access to rear alley and bin storage area.
We are advised the business is being sold as a Leasehold with 7 years remaining on a 15-year renewable lease term paying £16,500 per year. The business benefits from very low business rates at just £1,000 payable in the current year. Property holds A1 License.