Reasonable Offers Considered Highly Rated Butchers For Sale
- Asking Price: £150,000 +SAV
We are advised as per the 2022 accounts, the business generated a turnover in the region of £550,000, with an adjusted net profit in the region of £75,000. Further financials can be made available upon request.
Please quoted reference B07034
- Tenure: Leasehold
*** Our client has advised that they're open to reasonable offers ***
Please quoted reference B07034
Hilton Smythe is delighted to present to the market Michael’s Butchers, a high quality butchers business with over 30 years successful trading history.
The ‘turn-key’ opportunity is now being made available due to our clients decision to now retire, however he has confirmed a full business handover period will be offered to allow the smooth transition of this much loved community business.
Michael’s Butchers only offers the finest cuts of meat.
The current menu includes -
- Prepared Beef, Pork, Lamb, Venison Joints
- Lamb Chops, Noisettes, Pork Belly Plaits, Rib Eye Steaks
- Venison Cannons, Diced Venison, Game Mix, Pork Parcels
- Pork Spare Ribs, Minced Lamb, Beef Kebabs
- BBQ packs, Beef Olives, Honey Cured Gammon Steaks
- Whole Chickens, Stuffed Chicken Thighs, Chicken Drumsticks
- Stuffed & Rolled Goose, New Season Pheasants, Chicken Ballotines
- Sweet Chicken & Mexican Beef Stir Pieces, Rolled Turkey Breast
- Boned & Rolled English Legs Of Lamb, Steak & Kidney Casserole Pieces
- Homemade Burgers & Sausages, Sticky Maple Syrup Kebabs
- Dry Cured Smoked & Unsmoked Bacon,
- Local Cheeses, Cured Deli Meats, Scotch Eggs
- Cooking Sauces, Locally Sourced Eggs
We are advised the sales are split 70% from walk in customers and 30% catering clients.
The business makes approximately 1,000lb (453kg) of Sausages a week in the summer, as well as making their own dry cured Bacon, Gammon Joints and Gammon Steaks. The business also has a very busy burger trade, and our client has invested in labour saving machinery.
Key selling points -
- Excellent customer reviews
- Trained team in place
- High turnover & profit performance
- Support local charity events
- Google review score - 4.9/5
- Facebook - 5 star customer reviews
- New refurbished shop front
- Low rent
- Zero business rates
- Handover period offered
- Lots of storage areas & equipment included
- ‘Friendly independent butchers with great service and lots of choice. We have tried meat from here recently and it is of a high standard. Yummy!’
- ‘Excellent meat served by excellent staff’
- ‘Great produce and service’
- Increase the current prices
- Add online sales/new website
- Outside catering (hog roasts & buffets)
- Increase the number of catering accounts
- Paid advertising
We are advised that the business is owner run and managed, with the help of 3 full-time and 1 part-time member of staff.
The business hours are -
Monday – 8:00am to 5:00pm
Tuesday – 8:00am to 5:00pm
Wednesday – 8:00am to 5:00pm
Thursday – 8:00am to 5:00pm
Friday – 8:00am to 5:00pm
Saturday – 8:00am to 1:00pm
Sunday - Closed
Michael’s Butchers is centrally situated on a busy parade of local shops and services which include a cafe, hairdressers, antiques store, beauty salon, photography studio & takeaway. The business is also very close to the local SPAR/Post office.
The High Road (E & W) acts as the main link road from Cliff Road to the Port of Felixstowe Road (A14).
The butcher is surrounded by lots of residential housing, a local sports centre, large golf club and located just a few minutes from the main port, beach, fair rides and pier.
Felixstowe is a port town in Suffolk and is the largest container port in the United Kingdom.
The business benefits from free customer parking directly outside.
The nearest mainline train station is Felixstowe, located just a few minutes’ walk away.
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis, with 6 years remaining on the 10 year lease. The rent is £495 per month.
Our client has advised that they're open to reasonable offers.