Recently Refurbished Cafe Bar
Forest Hill, City of London
Please Quote Reference B05878
Hilton Smythe are delighted to present to the market Lazy Peach, a recently refurbished cafe bar with a 7-day alcohol licence and unique, contemporary interior allowing any new buyer the ability to walk straight in and carry on trading.
Currently the business is run to suit due to health reasons and we believe the quality of the equipment installed would allow for many additional menu options not currently being offered.
The cafe and kitchen were completely ripped out and new services, equipment, furniture, lighting, storage, retail display space installed.
The current menu comes with an ethical and Asian led menu offering the following:
- Asian Fusion food.
- Loose Leaf Teas.
- Beers, Cocktails & Wine.
- Fresh juices.
- Events venue.
Our client had previously added pop up menu evenings, inviting small groups for tastings, cocktails and product launches.
We would recommend any new buyer further develop the involvement of the diverse community by adding any of the following:
- Reading/ Knitting groups.
- Kim Shi workshops.
- Pilates/ Yoga classes.
- Supper clubs.
- Karaoke parties.
- Baby shower/ Hen party gatherings.
- Private birthday parties.
- More local artist launch events.
- Pop up set menu evenings.
- Meeting space.
- Cocktail making classes.
We are advised our client will offer a full business handover to allow a smooth transition to any new owner.
Very rarely do cafes/ bistro spaces in this area of this high standard come onto the open market and we therefore strongly advise early viewing to avoid disappointment.
The price placed on this business is valued in the assets and lease transfer, we are advised when the business was fully open it generated a weekly turnover in the region of £1,000. For further information please reference B05878.
The business is run on a part time basis by our client with 1 x full time manager in place and 2 x part time members of the team.
Currently run to suit, the business operates on limited opening hours -
MONDAY - TUESDAY: 11.00am to 4.00pm
WEDNESDAY - SATURDAY: 12.00pm to 10.00pm
SUNDAY: 12.00pm to 5.00pm
Lazy Peach Cafe Bar occupies a highly enviable trading position along Dartmouth Road in Forest Hill, London.
The bright and prominent unit sits alongside a row of complimentary businesses and eateries and benefits from being directly in front of a busy bus stop as well facing the areas main job centre.
Forest Hill is a leafy and highly popular residential area located in south east London, offering families and professionals a good choice of schools, parks, mainline train station/underground station and interesting mix of cafes and bars to socialise in. Set in landscapes gardens with weekly farmers market and outdoor summer concerts, the family friendly Horniman Museum has an aquarium, beloved stuffed walrus and a renowned musical instrument collection.
Blythe Hill Fields Park has sweeping views of the city skyline and a must meet place for late evening picnics and gatherings.
Dartmouth Road (A2216) connects Crystal Palace to Dulwich and more central into London.
The business benefits from free customer parking in the neighbouring streets.
Our client invested in excess of £70,000 to create the stunning unit now offered for sale, major changes have included:
- New boiler & heating system.
- New floor, bespoke LED lighting systems with different mood settings.
- New service counter and stainless-steel preparation units.
- New (disabled friendly) sitting area and customer toilet.
- New state of art kitchen with storage.
- 4 x high window desks.
- 3 x wall mounted tables & stools (right side of unit).
- 3 x low level tables with clear plastic chairs (middle section).
- Bespoke white metal display shelving units (left side) - could be used as additional sitting are or designated party space, small glass fronted drinks chiller.
- 2 x children’s chairs.
- Large customer toilet.
- Bar servery -includes 2 x arm semi-automated coffee machine and grinder, stainless steel prep unit with sink, undercounter ice machine, fridge, 2 x glass fronted chillers, 6 x pan Bain Marie, 3 x wall mounted display shelves, 4 x stainless steel shelves.
- Rear kitchen - includes upright freezer, storage cupboard & shelving, upright fridge, dishwasher, double stainless-steel prep sink, single electric hob, storage racking, 2nd fridge, rice cooker, microwave, ‘Gagyenau’ multi fan/steam oven.
- Overhead store space.
We are advised the cafe is being sold as a Leasehold with 13 years remaining on a 15-year renewable lease term paying £15,000 per year. The business benefits from full small business relief paying 0 rates in the current year.