Refurbished Children’s Nursery For Sale
Birmingham, West Midlands
Please quote reference B06229
Hilton Smythe is delighted to present to the market Angel Academy Nursery, a newly fitted nursery opportunity registered for 45 children.
Our clients have invested over £60,000 transforming a newly built empty unit into a ‘Turn-key’ modern children's nursery in an area with high demand for children’s places.
Following a complete transformation, the nursery first opened its doors in September 2018 offering both morning and afternoon sessions. Each session can accommodate 45 children in each however our clients decided to originally open with half the capacity to help the team/children adapt to the new open plan nursery space.
Investment in the unit included -
- New electrics & lighting throughout
- New suspended ceiling
- New wall coverings/decoration
- New plumbing, toilet facilities & kitchen space
- New office space with viewing window
- New boiler & radiators throughout
- CCTV, fire safety
- Security gates, room dividers
- Educational toys, play pits
- Garden refurbishment
The nursery currently concentrates on the 2–5-year-old with predominantly government funded spaces leading the original income with some privately funded spaces too.
We recommend any new owner could build upon the investment made by investigating any of the following areas -
- Increasing the age range currently offered
- Add a new website & social media page
- Local advertising - nearby school is Ward End Primary
- Adding after school club
- Dividing the area to allow a quiet zone for babies
- Offering a weekend and out of term nursery
Key selling points -
- Newly refurbished
- Modern open plan unit
- Large private side play garden
- High demand in the area
- Zero business rates
- Opportunity to divide space
- Office includes a small kitchen area. Desks chairs
- Main room tables and chairs, art station with sink
- Units, resources, homes area, construction area, tuff trays, sand water, fans installed on walls around room, kettle toaster, fridge freezer, double sink, base units, wall units, mini fridge for prescribes mess, information boards,
- Walls are perplex throughout nursery, iPads, camera, printer, suspended ceiling throughout,
- Wooden flooring and carpet, tv, snack station, toys, coat pegs, units and storage, books, stationary.
Prior to closing, the year ending January 2021 reported a turnover of £188,650 and an operating profit in the region of £130,000.
Please quote reference B06229
With the business currently being closed the business has no staff members.
Prior to closing the business was operating the following hours:
Monday to Friday - 08:30am - 3:30pm
Saturday and Sunday - Closed
The Angel Academy Nursery occupies a prominent position just off Bromford Lane in Washwood Heath, Birmingham.
The new and modern nursery is housed in a recently built mixed development which includes assisted living accommodation, a vocational college and selection of new food takeaway businesses.
Bromford Lane is a very busy link road connecting Hodgehil and Washwood Heath to the nearby M6 motorway.
Washwood Heath is a busy suburb just 2 miles north-east of Birmingham city centre, it is very popular with young families and there are many large residential estates surrounding the nursery.
The nursery benefits from 4 allocated parking spaces directly in front of the unit as well free parking spaces on Farnhurst Road for collection/drop off.
OFSTED has give the approval for the business to have 45 children.
Ground floor -
- Secure reception (with CCTV)
- Open plan nursery includes a relaxing carpeted home area, reading & quiet area, education area, TV area, writing area, arts area, sand & water pit area, children’s coat storage space, building/construction area as well as central office/kitchen space with full view over all areas of the nursery, storage room
- Toilet facilities - there are 3 toilets with 3 sinks, nappy changing table and separate staff toilet
- A separate fenced area with secure gates allows access to the private side garden
- Large-tarmacked space with bug hotel, mud kitchen, play tyres, tree logs, bikes, cars, slide, mini basketball net with stand, lots of further development potential
We are advised the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis with 11 years remaining on the original 15 year Lease. The rent is £2,250 per month.