Relocatable French Food Hamper business for sale
London, City of London
Please quote reference B06179
Hilton Smythe is delighted to present to the market ‘Le Hamper’ an independently owned French food hamper business created by our client in October 2018.
Following our client establishing herself in the UK, she quickly realised how difficult it was to buy her favourite French delicatessen. After months of research and many French food and wine tastings, she was able to partner the best producers and launch Le Hamper.
The business started trading in March 2019 and offers a choice of over 20 hampers as well as a section dedicated to individual French products for delivery.
The Hamper bundles include -
- French meat bundle
- French cheese bundle
- The essential hamper
- Chocolate gift hamper
- Cheese gift hamper & Ultimate gift hamper
- French wine trilogy
- French food hamper
- Sparkling wine & sweet treats gift hamper
- Terrines discovery gift hamper
- Chutney gift hamper
- Deluxe & Luxury French Gift Hamper
- Sweet gift hamper
Individual food items include -
- Cheeses, cheese popcorn
- White & Red wine, Champagne & Sparkling wine
- Chutneys, smoked ham, foie gras, terrines, walnut saucisson
- Jams, chocolate & biscuits
The storing, picking, packing and fulfilment is outsourced to a company specialising in drop shipments to delivery to customers based within the UK. The warehouse is based in Welwyn Garden City and suppliers are instructed to send their stock there.
Orders are normally shipped within 2-3 days with free delivery for orders over £60.
Orders are placed through the Mintsoft management system.
This company also has a separate online marketplace where the hampers are advertised.
We recommend any new owner could easily bring this part of the business in house which will significantly decrease the current storage/delivery cost.
Our client advises she has already reduced the cost of her wine supplier.
Current advertising platforms include -
- Own website (powered by Wix)
- Borough Box
- The Food Market
- Shelf now
- Corporate orders
Additional advertising platforms to consider :
- eBay, Amazon
- Social media paid advertising
- Not on the High Street.com
- Farmers markets – due to the Covid pandemic, all farmers markets were cancelled. Our client had attended a couple of markets in south London which proved to be a great way to interact with real customers/community and effectively promote the brand.
- Christmas markets - our client attended some in London which were very successful
- French Click supermarket – a website featuring French produce
- Summer Picnics
- Developing corporate sales
Our client uses Instagram and Facebook (1000 followers) with giveaways when launching new products and to engage with new customers.
She has also worked with the French Film Festival and several Food/Lifestyle/French influencers to help promote new products.
Key selling points -
- Potential to grow with advertisement investment
- Several areas to decrease supplier costs
- Increase product range
- Offer more expensive wines
- Increase hamper sizes/prices
- Attend more outdoor food events
- Ideal opportunity for someone with similar passion for French food
- Ideal run from home business model
- Handover period offered
Any new owner can now take this business opportunity to the next level.
The business has been priced to gain a quick sale.
We are advised as per the 2020 accounts, the business generated a turnover in the region of £54,000, with an adjusted net profit in the region of £7,000. Full financials can be made available upon further request.
Please quote reference B06179
We are advised that the business is owner run and managed.
The business is trading 24/7 through their online website.
Le Hamper is currently run from our clients home office (part time basis only) in London with an additional storage facility in Welwyn Garden City,
The business model is fully transferable to any new location however we recommend being close to any of the UK’s main delivery locations from France would be an advantage.
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Business Only basis.