Relocatable – Ornamental Stoneware Supplier
- Asking Price: £175,000 +SAV
The business will generate a Turnover of around £223,000 as of the 2018-2019 accounts with an adjusted net profit of approximately £90,000.
There is a considerable value of assets held within the business in the form of moulds and equipment valued in the region of £200,000.
The demand for products over exceeds the current capacity and with more labour/ production time added could easily provide a further 40% in sales.
Please quote reference B05581
- Tenure: Business Only
Please quote reference B05581
VIEWINGS STRICTLY VIA APPOINTMENT WITH HILTON SMYTHE
Hilton Smythe are delighted to present to the market one of the counties most renowned manufacturer of quality garden stoneware with 30 years of successful goodwill.
The B2B business supplies a broad range of trade clients which includes garden centres, wholesalers and retail outlets including a key account with a well-known superstore.
The company holds one of the largest range of moulds in the country which makes this acquisition highly desirable for any smaller competitor in this market looking to expand.
The product range includes large classical urns and statues to bird baths, budha’s, animals, benches, planters and wall plaques including many other designs unique to them.
They only use the finest quality of latex and silicone mould using the highest quality of locally sourced materials.
A high majority of the 30 customers are to ‘high end’ garden centres, however our clients work is now in high demand for interior led retail businesses.
Our client admits they can only run the business to suit the size of its current team and workshop, the demand for its products far outstrips the ability to supply and that any new owner would easily benefit from a larger location to take the business to the next level.
We believe with the successful relocation of the business, any new owner could very quickly add 40% to the Turnover with just increased capacity to its current list of customers.
Very rarely does a manufacturing company of this type come onto the open market, we believe the company’s values and approach play a significant part to its success. The USP’s include:-
- One of the largest choice and range of moulds in the country
- Ability to source designs from around the world and recreate almost exact concrete replicas
- A 80% GP on all castings
- No need of agents, costly advertising sites or commissions
- An average 2/3 week turnaround of most specific orders
- An excellent face 2 face working relationship with all its clients
- Ability to create
- Majority orders are complete with personal deliveries
- On site display advice and help given
- 30 day payments made on all orders
- A loyal and trained team in place
We believe there are many areas a new owner would be able to double the current turnover, they include -
- Relocation to a larger premises
- Increasing the stock and range available with its current customer base
- Adding more customers to its current list as well as increasing the geographical area currently covered
- Improving the current website, social media exposure and advertising approach
- Adding to the current list of retail customers.
- Adding a field based sales team - focusing on the smaller independent interior focused stores and markets
- Attending the many trade events, home interior/exterior exhibitions and shows
- Developing a relationship with landscape gardeners and interior designers
- Using an external delivery provider
- Creating more time to search the world for new designs to add to is current impressive list of moulds
Hilton Smythe strongly advises any serious buyer to make an early enquiry as business.
The business is run and managed by our clients and 3 other full time members of the team.
They are also currently looking for new staff due to the high demand.
Our clients and his team work a 5.5 day working week starting at 7am and finishing at 3pm.
Saturday hours - 7am to 12 noon.
The business can easily be relocated within the Berkshire, Surrey, Sussex or Kent areas due to its current customer base or anyone looking to purchase the business to attach to their current operation, they could easily look to relocate to a different county with the appropriate delivery system in place.
The business now requires a larger premises and we recommend that any new owner now looks to relocate the business to a larger premises to allow it now expand.
We recommend any new site requires specific storage areas for the thousands of moulds, a separate drying area, a design and moulding room, secure delivery area.
Assets included -
- Delivery vehicles
- 1000’s of casting moulds
- Moulding tools
This is a business only opportunity