Renowned Greeting Card & Gift Shop Business
Pulborough, West Sussex
Please Quote Reference B05777
Hilton Smythe are delighted to present to the market The Card Shop, a renowned greeting card and gift shop business with 27 years trading history.
Our client purchased the business 5 years ago and is now looking to sell due to her other business interests.
Since purchasing the business, our clients experience in the greeting card market is clear to see with a beautifully presented shop available for any new owner the ability to walk straight in and continue trading.
Our client advises 80% of the business sales are derived from greeting cards and 20% from related gifts, balloons, birthday toys and locally sourced gifts.
The choice of good include -
- Extensive range of greeting cards, celebrations cards & postcards.
- Large choice of helium filled balloons, gift wrap & boxes.
- Birthday gifts, wedding celebration gifts & glassware.
- Children’s birthday toys, teddy bears & dolls.
- Photo frames, ornaments, mugs, birthstones & candles.
- Premium Belgium chocolates.
- Locally sourced handmade gifts including Wrendale Designs.
In addition to the walk-in trade, an active Facebook page will be included in the sale. We recommend increasing the social media presence as well developing a new website to help promote the business to new people now living in the area.
Any new buyer may also look to add more party planning and wedding planning to the business to further increase the sales levels. Extending the opening hours to include Sunday would also instantly increase weekly sales levels.
Very rarely do greeting cards shops of this size, location and high standard come onto the open market and we therefore recommend very early viewing to avoid disappointment.
As of the 2019 accounts the business enjoyed a turnover of £180,290, gross profit of £87,433 and a adjusted net profit of approx. £55,600. For further information quote reference B05777.
The business is run and managed by our client with some flexible part time hours when needed.
MONDAY TO SATURDAY - 9.00 - 5.30
The Card Shop occupies a highly desirable trading position on the High Street in Storrington near Pulborough, West Sussex.
Storrington is large and affluent village in the Horsham District and lies at the foot of the north side of the South Downs.
Storrington is located just off the busy A283 cross country link road which connects Brighton in the east to Petersfield to the west, the A283 also links directly to the A24 which is just a few minutes away.
The business benefits from a large pay and display car park located a few minutes’ walk from the High street.
Nearest mainline station is Pulborough which connects commuters to London Victoria in just over 1 hour.
Ground floor -
- Large selection of greeting card display units, wall mounted gift wrap shelving & display stands.
- Central raised service counter with under counter storage, new till and card machine, glass fronted chilled chocolate unit.
- Separate display area (with own rear door) ideal for additional merchandising, balloon storage or deliveries.
- Staff kitchen area office space.
- 2 x further stock rooms (could be further developed as additional workspaces)
- 2 x staff parking spaces.
- Storage cupboard.
- Staff toilet.
We are advised the business is being offered as a Leasehold with 5 years remaining on a 10-year renewable lease term paying just £14,500 per year. This business benefits from small business relief paying just under £4,000 per year.